Default What's a cheap yet good way to present flowers to teacher?

I already have my girls' homemade cards for the teachers with a gift card, a basket with items for their rooms, but my oldest really wants to give her teachers flowers also (4 teachers total). I don't want to spend a lot of money, since I've already got their "gifts" done, but would like some ideas of how to cleverly present the flowers if I can pick some up at the store to keep costs down. Thanks!
    Tammy

Big DD
    Little DD

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am a teacher and I love when my students bring me flowers that they got from around their houses. I have had students cut roses or whatever is blooming. Most often the stems are wrapped with foil. I have a vase in my classroom. If you want to buy them I would just buy one of the wildflower bunches that are usually around $10 and divide it among the teachers. A small potted plant would work too.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I like potted plants instead. Something living that will keep growing is just nice. Your dd could even paint an inexpensive pot.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you have any old jars around the house you can tear pieces of tissue paper and decoupage them on to the jar with some Elmer's glue and a bit of water painted on with a paint brush. The end result can have a pretty mosaic effect or any type of design.
    K

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Last year we cut a few roses from our yard and presented to our very crunchy teacher in a clean but undecorated glass pickle jar. The reuse aspect made her smile.

We also have palm plants growing in the yard, usually a bane but they do make a nice background for a front-facing floral display. They make it a bit heavy though, so it probably wouldn't work with a small jar.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.