citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default What's a good mom-to-be gift for about $50?

I'm hosting a "sprinkle" for a friend who is having her DD2, who will be 7 years younger than the older one. However, the caveat is that she is very superstitious after years of secondary infertility problems, and has requested no gifts till after the baby arrives. So instead of a "shower" we're having a girls night out celebration. I figured I'd get something for her instead. What's a good new mom gift for around $50? I honestly can't think of something I'd have wanted someone else to pick out for me. She is not a spa or makeup girl.

Should I just get a gift certificate to her favorite kids' clothing store - she could get something for both kids? Or to her favorite clothing store for herself? I know both brand names (!) but it's not exactly a personalized gift. I'd love any ideas for things you got that you appreciated or would have liked someone to get you. Thanks!

for Sandy Hook

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I always used to give the Baby Bargains book so maybe the book and a gift certificate to a kids store, BRU or Buy Buy Baby?
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt