Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have no idea... just watching tv lately. If we ever have a date night (which we haven't had in ages!), it's dinner and a movie.

We are in a similar patch - DH is flat out with work and a TON of family issues - so we are trying to reconnect this week by going out to lunch. We might try to do this every other week.

Sex really should get back on the high-priority list, but we are both just exhausted all the time!! Pathetic, but true.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kijip View Post
    We like to:

-Go for walks, especially when it is starting to get dark.
    -Comb through used records and CDs at music stores with a tiny budget.
    -go to the dollar theater and if the movie is bad, just laugh at it and kiss.
    -go see funny authors speak
    -go out to eat at taco trucks, gyro huts or hotdog carts. Or this hole in the wall fish fry place.
    -Go to the late happy hours for small plates and drinks.
    -go roller skating
    - ride bikes
    Wow, I want to be you.

OP, great thread. I'll be watching this one.

We don't get babysitters, so after DS is down we like to catch up on old shows that we've never seen.. we watch episode after episode, season after season, of shows that we've missed. We have caught up on things like Dexter, Breaking Bad, this way. Not too bad for couch time, winding down after long days.

----------------------------------------------------------------

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Walks
    Crosswords over coffee and a bagel
    Sex
    Shopping for anything
    Hand out at a bar
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

-Bike ride
    -Driving range
    -Making home-brewed beer
    -Enjoying a glass of beer or wine on the porch
    -Play Rock Band on the Playstation
    -Lunch date while DS is at preschool
    -Fun shopping like IKEA, Earth Fare, Costco

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We do Happy Hour Wednesdays. The kids get drive-thru junk food. We put the kids to bed exactly at 8pm. Then we have beer and whatever we want---KFC, tacos, whatever!

We just watch TV when we eat, but it sure feels like a mini-vacation every week.

Watch a movie together on the couch

Sit on our front porch together and just hang out/talk/have some wine

Sex (we recently rekindled this part of our relationship - pregnant, bfing, just too tired - and it is helping us reconnect

Foot rubs (DH rubs mine)

DH loves mindless tv to unwind at night. I don't. But sometimes I just sit with him and watch so that we are together. This is usually when the foot rubs occur.

Dream together about the places we would like to travel.

I am watching this thread tho, because I think we need more ideas. You can see, ours all involve things that we do at home after the kids are in bed. We really should get a sitter more often but we don't.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hear you on how frustrating it can be when you don't really have shared interests.

DH and I don't even do anything together after the kids are in bed because he likes to watch his TV shows, and I simply don't like to watch TV anymore. I just can't relax watching TV (I USED to love watching TV but ever since having the kids, I just don't enjoy it like I used to - and I think it is because TV makes noise!!! I like TOTAL SILENCE after the kids are in bed hahaha). I like getting on FB, or BBB, or browsing online for clothes

We used to do Friday or Saturday night movie nights, but when the girls stopped sleeping 11 hrs at night, we quit movie nights in order to simply get enough sleep.

We still try to do movie nights every so often but the last time that happened was a few months ago when we borrowed Bridesmaids from a friend. I just don't have the energy to pick a movie that I think we would both like!!

We occassionally do lunch dates (esp since we both worked in the same office).

Sorry - hahahahaha - I just realized this is SO not helpful
    Last edited by twowhat?; 05-06-2012 at 10:09 PM.

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DH and I have very, very few actual date nights, but some things we like to do when the kids are sleeping include:

Playing board games
    Watching tv shows or movies that we both like
    Sitting on the balcony with a glass of wine
    Trying a new recipe together
    Pillow talk
    Playing games on the kindle or cell phone

But, to be honest, most nIghts, we finish the chores and end up doing our own thing (reading, bills, organizing, ect.) and go to bed. We make an effort to spend quality time together at least twice a week, though.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i hear ya..one of the main things DH and I liked to do together pre-kids was travel, and well, we can't exactly do that anymore with 2 little ones.

We also were both into distance running (we ran a couple of half-marathons together, and we each compelted a full marathon) but not sure we'd have time to devote to the training right now. Ideally in a year or two we'd manage to run a short race, using BOB Duallie. But the sad fact is that we're just so out of shape right now, as a result of just being overtired and exhausted of raising 2 little ones, and i think my body still hasnt' fully recovered from two back-to-back pregnancies!

like a PP, we tend to do little everyday things together...we cook food together (he chops, i cook), while he loads the dishwasher i clean up the kitchen... we fold laundry together in front of the TV after the kids are in bed. TV for us is a big one..a few nights a week we watch about an hour of TV together..luckily we like all the same shows.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 05-06-2012 at 10:10 PM.

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

hike
    watch TV/movies
    go out to dinner/brunch/lunch
    have some fancy drinks in a swanky club
    go to a play/theater
    go for walks
    hold hands
    play board games
    browse home decor stores
    relax in the bath or a hot tub
    explore new towns/day trip destinations
    go to a museum