ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Small pool for 4 and 7 year old recs

My kiddos are older now and I can't seem to find something fun as the little pools are boring to them. Any ideas for the older kiddos?

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We've used one like this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/My-Sunshin...ndingMethod=rr

It's bigger and my kids had fun with it last year. And not sure how much you are looking to spend, but another options is to buy a water slide. We have a ginormous one that we share with BIL and SIL, but it is a bit of a bear to set up and deflate. You could get a smaller (though still large) one, like this:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Banzai-Plu...-Park/19414903
    Mommy to
    DD1 (12/06)
    DS (6/08)
    DD2 (10/11)

At that age I would much rather use the $$ on a pool membership.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Two years ago we had one of the one's like pp had linked to, we put it on our deck and left the water in for about a week (we covered it when not in use and put bleach in about once midweek)...but it was a PITA to empty as it didn't have a plug in the bottom.

We bought another one last year with a plug, but then joined a local pool and spent the whole summer there. We got it at TRU, the one's with a plug are harder to find but worth it as emptying one out takes forever.

The blow up was fun to have to cool off though, but unless you have a good surface, it'll kill your grass. It worked for us as we have a huge deck (that has a fence around it so it was shielded from the wind too).

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have an 8yo and 18m, I got one of the blow up pools and a Step 2 slide. Both my kids love it, and its hard to find something fun for both age ranges! Last year we had one of the big easy set pools and I said never again because I was constantly having to clean that thing and buy chemicals. It was so hard to keep clean. We are in Texas though and the water got way too warm which didn't help.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10