View Poll Results: Should I use the free invitations from My Gym?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sure, that's where it will be, so why not?

8 40.00%
  • Pick something cuter that reflects the girls' personality more

12 60.00%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default If your DC had a My Gym or other "venue" type party, did you use their invites?

We are going to have DDs' birthday party at My Gym. They gave us invitations to use. They're cute enough, but I guess I feel a little weird using them because they're a little corporate looking (they've got the My Gym logo and monkey on them). I'm not anti-characters though (plenty of Mickey Mouse gear here). The advantage is of course they're free and I think the big MY GYM logo will stick in people's heads more than just another party invite. (I'm totally paranoid about the RSVP aspect from reading this board!) I'm not an artsy person, so any invitation I got would be from Snapfish or Pingg or something anyway, it won't be a cool hand made one or anything. So far there's no theme to the party other than My Gym, but I can think of other types of invites that the girls would like more.

Such a lame problem I know! But i'm really having a hard time deciding. Thoughts?

(I'm sure this is the first of many "help me with this party" posts I'll be writing! This is their first real party.)
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 05-07-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We've never done a party at a part place, but if and when we do I will use my own. IIRC the invite does have the waver on the back so I would just make sure you add that with the regular invite. I have nothing against the invites, but yeah they are a tad corporate and I am a tad creative so sometimes I'll make the invites or like things that look cute or age appropriate.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We had a MyGym party and just sent evites.

I usually take DC to Target or Walmart and let them choose their theme for the party and buy the plates, napkins, invitations etc. I am lazy so I usually print out the party information on to paper and glue that onto the invitation. I have used etsy for invitations too. I just toss the ones from the gym unless they have a waiver or something important like that. I'm not super arts and crafties but I think the parties turn out just fine.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We're doing a My Gym party this summer, too (DS is 2 months younger than your girls). I did get some napkins, stickers and balloons with a theme, and I got invitations to match that little bit of "theme." I was also tempted by the My Gym corporate ones but decided to go with the theme ones.

I like when people list phone, email or text response options for RSVPs. I plan to do that too but know I will be chasing people down.

Happy party planning!

iaam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I LOVE party planning, including making custom invites. So, for DS' party at a bounce house place, I still made the invites (same for the party favors, BTW).

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Some years I have used theirs, others I made my own. Depended on my mood.

There is a waiver, but our My Gym owner said not to worry, they'll have waivers at the party to sign.

I might press the girls a little more on a theme. I feel like picking it myself, but I think they're old enough to decide. The problem is, when I ask them it changes about 5 times in 10 minutes.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post

I might press the girls a little more on a theme. I feel like picking it myself, but I think they're old enough to decide. The problem is, when I ask them it changes about 5 times in 10 minutes.

I know what you mean! DS is aware of characters from Cars, Toy Story etc. but isn't really "into" them. I Googled outer space party themes since he loves rocket ships and found a really cute design. DS happened to walk in when I had the picture up on my screen and said "whoa, that's cool!" so I ordered it that day! Just keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't walk into the party and scream "no, I wanted pirates!"

DD1's 2nd birthday was at My Gym and we sent our own Evites. It was easier for me to track rsvps that way.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast