Default B&M store that sells white ties (long) for boys?

My cousin is getting married and my kids are in the wedding party.
    Her mom is sick so they moved the wedding up to this memorial day weekend.
    I have been able to get my girls' dresses and my son's suit but I am still looking for a white tie for ages 4-7. I have been able to find them online but I am worried about it arriving in time since we are at this point just about a week away.
    Does anyone know a B&M store that might carry these?

TIA.
    Alicia
    Mama to four amazing children.

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Check David's Bridal or a first communion shop. I know boys wear white ties when they make their first communion.

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Could you rent them from Men's Warehouse so somewhere like that?
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Possibly Burlington Coat Factory? They often stock suits/wedding-wear/confirmation-type clothes for little boys. You may not be able to buy the tie separately, but they might have some sets of button-down shirts with ties (I'm thinking your best bet would be to look for a set with a black shirt and white tie, but who knows?). Might be worth a try! And call around to your local formal-wear and wedding-wear stores. Definitely try the chains (David's Bridal, etc.), but also check in the phone book for local tux rentals and menswear shops.

As a somewhat desperate-sounding last resort, it couldn't be *that* hard to whip one up on a sewing machine with some nice satin-y fabric from the fabric store. (I've never tried it, but it seems do-able if you have some sewing skills....or maybe a seamstress could put one together for you quickly?)
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    Check David's Bridal or a first communion shop. I know boys wear white ties when they make their first communion.
    Yes, check Christian / Catholic stores, I saw several white ties there. I searched using: catholic store <city>,<state>" and a list of stores with addresses came up.

Good luck!
    Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

Thanks for the ideas. I tried David's bridal with no luck. No Burlington Coat Factory nearby. No Catholic stores in my area BUT my Mom has a couple in her neighborhood so she is going to look this weekend.

Wish us luck!
    Alicia
    Mama to four amazing children.