Angry Newport Cottages, horrible experience

Do not buy Newport Cottages if you want quality workmanship and a company that stands by their product, returns calls to customers, works with a competent freight company, and provides a minimum amount of customer service. Just some background: I ordered a Newport Cottage crib online through Baby Luxury to ship to Chicago. They may be American made, but they are unresponsive to customer concerns, short on any responsibility for poor quality on delivered products. Under promise, underdeliver. Expect DOUBLE advertised manufacturing and DOUBLE shipping times. And don't bother with calls back. They should be ashamed of their business practices. *I ordered the Ricki crib almost 5 MONTHS ago and had to refuse delivery after the condition it was sent to me. Mind you, that was after their freight company, Sun Delivery rescheduled delivery THREE times. After shipping from Newport Beach, CAbto Thomasville, NC, they forgot to include the hardware, so they cancelled delivery. The second time, the didn't get the crib on the truck. *The last time they rescheduled was because the driver feared for his safety because of the street festivals blocking transit in Chicago?! What a load of garbage!! So is their head of sales, Victoria. Get off your high horse and try to pick up the phone and make a call back to an upset customer for once. After emailing them the damaged crib items, she placed blame on Sun Delivery and then responded, "nothing soap cant get out" and that the crib looked fine.

Yes their cribs weigh 200 pounds of solid wood, but they are not heirloom quality or worth the time. *The metal hardware still shows on the outside, and they use a thin flimsy piece of wood to hold in the mattress. *For the amount they charge for their furniture, you would expect a higher level of service and professionalism, but obviously they don't care to make things right for their customers. *Baby 411 gave them a C for a reason and my situation is an example.

I cancelled my order and ordered my crib with Room and Board who sells El Greco cribs that are American made and were able to ship my crib within 10 days of my purchase. *They stand by their furniture and will take the time to help with any concerns of craftsmanship or error. Plus their delivery personnel are pleasant, prompt, and competent! I mean seriously, their excuse for canceling delivery the day of was he was fearful of his safety because of a street festival?!
    Last edited by missym; 08-20-2012 at 11:14 AM.