malphy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Just wanted to say hi and wish you all a pleasant holiday weekend

Hi all

I just wanted to wish everyone here a pleasant holiday weekend. I am usually Debbie Downer when I post, and while things are still very tense, I am in a slightly better place.

Although DH has gotten much needed help from the right MD it is still rough. He is not crazy anymore from the meds but now he has to face the truth of his parkinson's disease. He is currently in denial but at least I know where he is coming from and know that the hell with his family was not out of maliciousness on his part but part of the disease and theincorrect meds he was on.

His family has been unbelievably nice lately. I think they finally understand the truth of the situation. I do not go out of my way to contact them but I am polite when dealing with them. I never bad mouth them to dd and make a point of her having contact with them thru dh.

My sis still does not talk to me but I know that it is my bil pulling her strings. While I mourn the loss of my relationship with her I know she cannot deal with ever losing her dh. She will do anything to keep him and if that includes the loss of our relationship,so be it. i only want for her to be happy and I know she does not, and never has had, the strength to stand up to her dh.

I love her too much to cause a rift in her marriage so I will let the relationship go. when the day comes that she needs me I will be here for her.

As for me and dh, I still love him and i know he loves me but this disease, at such a young age is a tremendous hardship that few people our age understand. There is precious little support for young onset parkinson's disease families.

I thank you all for all your unfailing support andI wish you all only the best in this life. It is precious and fragile and please keep that in mind as we remember all the servicemen and woman who protect our freedom, taht we take for granted. Remember, FREEEDOM IS NOT FREE! Too many precious lives have been lost in order to protect our day to day lives.
    Maggie
    dd 12/06

Glad things have improved for you. Hope you and everyone here has a good long weekend! (I'm going to spend mine with my favorite two vets, my dad and dh, as well as my mom and ds and dd.)

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    Glad things have improved for you. Hope you and everyone here has a good long weekend! (I'm going to spend mine with my favorite two vets, my dad and dh, as well as my mom and ds and dd.)

Catherine
    My eldest brother is a vet and he posted his naval pic on FB. I had not seen that pic for so long but remembered it like it was yesterday(he is 16 years oldwer than me and I am 44). Someone posted that he looked like Richard Gere in officer and agentleman and it was true. i never noticed it until tonite.

i also remembered a dear friend of the family who was a vietnam vet. He had such a hard time when he returned and ultimatley killed himself. i didn't understand it until i was much older. He was like a big brother and i did not understand. Now I do and I feel bad that we could not have done anything to help him.

God bless all of our service people.
    Maggie
    dd 12/06

babyonway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thank you for posting malphy, so great to hear that things are better for you and your family.
    Mama to my sweet lil girl (Summer 2010)

Quote Originally Posted by babyonway View Post
    Thank you for posting malphy, so great to hear that things are better for you and your family.
    i firmly believe in the power of the BBB mojo!!!!
    Maggie
    dd 12/06

It sounds like you are finding some peace. If you haven't already, maybe you could share some info on Parkinsons, especially early onset, in our Raising Awareness sticky?

Take care!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Glad to hear that your DH is doing better, and your relationships with both him and your ILs are going better. You sound so much better too, and I hope your DD is doing ok. I hope things continue to improve on all fronts, and will keep thinking PTs for you all.
    DD 10/09
    DS 2/13

Take care, Malphy...and keep us updated.
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11