Default Anyone know of a baby gate that cats can get through?

We need a gate that our cats can get through (to use the litterbox), but not the baby. Anyone know of one?

When I had both a cat and a dog, we had a baby gate to keep the dog out of the litter box. My cat, who was 15 and pretty old, jumped over the gate when she needed to use her box. It worked great up to the time she passed. Not quite the answer you were looking for, but maybe an option to consider?
    An AF wife to DH and
    mom to Will 09/08 & Andy 09/10

I just saw a gate at Petco that had a picture of the dog on one side, and the cat strolling through a little cat door in the gate. I didn't see a brand name though (it just happened to catch my eye). So try pet stores.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

We have an elderly cat that can no longer jump over gates, so with one (the kind you screw into the door frame), we installed it a little higher than recommended. It was a gap big enough for the cat to squeeze under the gate (but it was still to small a gap for our mobile toddler to get under.) Cats can really shimmy/squeeze when needed, and ours has never minded.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I just saw a gate at Petco that had a picture of the dog on one side, and the cat strolling through a little cat door in the gate. I didn't see a brand name though (it just happened to catch my eye). So try pet stores.
    Wow, this one sounds great. I have one cat who will jump, but the other one will just stand there and cry (we know this from having a box fan in the doorway once). I will try to find this one with the gate.

Thanks everyone, a couple ideas to try. Our cats are young and acrobatic, so maybe just having them jump over is easiest.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We use this one: http://www.diapers.com/p/safety-1st-...pet-gate-33419

As far as gates go, it's not the greatest in the word--it's a very basic pressure gate. But it works great for the cat, and kid. LOL.

The cat is now comfortable jumping over gates though, so sometimes he walks through the hole, and other times he vaults over the top of the gate. Depends on his mood (and whether DD is chasing him and he needs to make a fast getaway! )
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    We use this one: http://www.diapers.com/p/safety-1st-...pet-gate-33419

As far as gates go, it's not the greatest in the word--it's a very basic pressure gate. But it works great for the cat, and kid. LOL.

The cat is now comfortable jumping over gates though, so sometimes he walks through the hole, and other times he vaults over the top of the gate. Depends on his mood (and whether DD is chasing him and he needs to make a fast getaway! )
    This is perfect for us. Thanks.

We have a KidCo Safeway that works very well. It doesn't have a dedicated pet door, but I imagine a cat could squeeze through the bars without a problem.

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
    --Dr. Seuss

Penelope Grace
    Born 02.25.2010