Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default will the +one work for me?

I know that there was a pretty recent post similar to this one recently, but I cannot find it. So please forgive me for being repetitive. We have a Jane powertwin and a mountain buggy duo, and I rarely use the duo because I love the width of my powertwin, it goes anywhere, and it worked perfectly for my kids for a year. But my son has outgrown the seats. I tried so hard to deny it, but his legs no longer fit in the back seat, and his legs are also too long to stay on the footplate, so that his foot got scratched when the swivel wheel ran into it today. would he fit into the seats on the +one? He is 40 lbs, and probably about 40" tall. He is so good about riding, but is scared of stroller boards, so I know those will not work. He is 3.5, and looks comfy in the duo, I just love my tandem double so much, that I have to consider the options. I know that I do not want a b-ready or a vista, because we just lent our vista to my cousin since it was such a terrible double, with my ds in it. I bring up the duo because I would need to sell the duo and the powertwin to fund the +one, so I need to be absolutely sure that ds can ride in it for at least another year. We also had a Phil and teds sport, which I thought was extremely heavy to push, so I don't think I would purchase another one. Any other thoughts on what might work for us? I think I have done as much of my homework on tandem doubles, I even went to check out a b-ready with doubles kit, but ds looked way too big for the main seat. I also love air tires. I have forsaken most of my strollers that do not have them. My dd is 17 lbs. 14 months. A tiny little peanut next to huge big brother. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give! Does anyone know of any good deals that might pertain to the+one?

As long as your son rides in the back seat it should be fine. My 4YO is 38inches and 33 lbs and fits just fine. Although there is not much room left for his feet. We will only need it for about another year or so. I had a MBUD and the Jane power twin at one point in time and I prefer the plus one to either of those. The air wheels really do make a difference. I have thought about a b-ready too, but I prefer the sturdiness of the mountain buggies. Is there any way you could try one out before you buy? Or have the option of free return if it doesn't work out?

Default testing one out

The only time I heard of a place in sf bay area stocking one was when baygirl did her review. I am hoping she will chime in and remind me where she bought hers, and if it would be worth the drive considering how close ds is to the weight limit. Where did you get yours?

Hip Baby Gear, a local baby store in Marblehead MA. Rick Winter is the owner there, super nice and super helpful!

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would definitely try it out in person to see how your DS fits, and whether or not he will like sitting in the backseat. I was pleasantly surprised my 36" DS has plenty of room to grow & liked the 2nd seat. But he is kind of a peanut, just under 30 lbs. Mountain Buggy has a b&m retail locater on their website, so you can call around to the closest stores to see if they carry the plus one.
    The cheapest price I've seen is on mystrollers.com. It's $551 with the code 15off500 and BigCrumbs has 3.5% Cb. But they don't have free returns. And I just saw an ISO a powertwin on strollerswap fyi.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

mom3boys is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DS is 41.5 inches tall, about 40lbs. He rides in the back of our +One and has, I would say, just enough leg room. Sometimes my older DS, who is almost SIX rides in it as well, he definitely does NOT have enough leg room, but he likes to ride in the back--he puts his knees to the side to fit. He is about 45in and must weigh nearly 50lbs.

I love my +One, would have loved it more if my 2nd and 3rd kids were closer in age and I could have used it for longer. We will probably keep it through the summer and then I'll get a single AT. We just don't need a double stroller any more . I do also like it for the storage when you just have 1 rider though, so maybe I'll keep it a little longer for that!
    M, Mom to 3 handsome boys, '06, '08, '11

Default lack of recline?

Thanks for all the info so far. I am a little concerned about not having a recline function in doubles mode. Do you miss it? I use the recline on the Jane each time I use it, but rarely on the duo. I found out there is a place about an hour away that has it on their floor, so hopefully I can check it out!

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes I wish it had recline, but my youngest is still a baby. I also have an indie twin I use for longer outings. If DD is anything like DS, she won't use the recline after she turns a year old. She did fall asleep in it sitting up, and the snuzzler kept her head from slumping over, but I can't imagine it was very comfortable, especially for an extended period. I only got the plus one now because a friend found me a stellar deal (thank you poohbear!). But if I had two toddlers it could definitely be my only AT.
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ha ha, I'm here. (Been on another board planning my Disney trip instead of working lately........missing the BBB)

I got the +One at Rockridge Kids, which is in the Rockridge area of Oakland. Great store, the manager was a stroller-person who was happy to chat with someone equally obsessed. Definitely try to check it out in person.

I really thought the lack of recline would be an issue for us, but DS still sleeps in it if he's tired enough. But for long days out I use our SBS double because I know I can recline him. The only other downside I can see is that I have to lift DS in to the back seat, he can't climb in and out on his own like in a SBS. My DS is only 27 lbs so that's not so bad, but for a 40lber I might feel differently.

We still love the +One and use it for daycare every day. The standing compact-for-a-double fold works really well for us.
    ETA: My DD is 9 months and uses the front seat and falls asleep all the time. She seems comfy. It does recline slightly if you remove the bar, and convince your older DC not to push on the seat with their knees. If we're out and DD needs to nap we'll have DS walk and just recline the front seat into the back.
    Last edited by BayGirl2; 06-19-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

Default thanks for the advice

The stroller sounds so awesome, but the price itself is so hard to swallow. I am seriously considering keeping the duo because i will never be able to recoup the cost of it, and i keep thinking, it is only 3 inches wider and 6 pounds heavier than the +one. And if I am having a hard time on cl selling my mbduo, then I will probably run into the same issue with the +one. I will drop by the store that stocks it this weekend, and give it a test run, just wanted to update everyone on what i am feeling lately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast