lks is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Is Bumbleride Indie compatible with any glider/standing boards?

I am pregnant with our 2nd child (due late December) and want a stroller with air-filled/foam tires this time around. I want to be able to push over bumps and small curbs and not have my wheels get hung up on every crack in the sidewalk. We have the Bumbleride Flyer and I LOVE everything about it except the wheels.

SO I want to get the Bumbleride Indie this time, but I don't know what to do about DS. He will be 3 when baby is born and 3.5 in the spring, when we really get out and start using the stroller. Do I want a double or is there a glider board/standing board option for the Indie?? Do 3.5 yrd olds actually stand on those?

I am also considering the BJCS (Baby Jogger City Select) so I can have one full size seat and an infant seat or any of the other combos. How bad are those front wheels with bumps and curbs??

Advice please! Thanks!!!
    Mom to a little boy, Born November 2009 and
    Baby Girl due December 2012!

I remember reading that they don't make one but they recommend a brand that is compatible. Can't remember what brand that is though. Maybe Ryan from Bumbleride CS can chime in?
    Audrey - Feb 2010
    Anderson - Dec 2011

Please, no babies in 2012!

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think the boards they recommend are on their facebook page. I have a buggyboard on my Flite and my 23 month old rides on it just fine. I do also have an Indie Twin for when we need him contained.

Quote Originally Posted by lks View Post
    I am also considering the BJCS (Baby Jogger City Select) so I can have one full size seat and an infant seat or any of the other combos. How bad are those front wheels with bumps and curbs??
    Just wanted to say that the Britax B-ready is considered by those in the know on this board to be a much better choice over the BJCS if you want this type of stroller and their Free Ride event is starting July 1st. The 2012 model of the B-ready also has improved wheels over the old version.

I used a Valco hitchhiker on my indie. All kids are different but I would think most 3.5 year olds would be fine on a board. My dd rode occasionally at the age of 2.

If you still use a stroller for ds I would consider getting a single to double option. I love the indie though! Might look at the MB +one, the p&t promenade(reversible option), vibe or verve, Britax B-ready(also has a reversible option).

If ds really doesn't want a ride or you are up for wearing baby when ds does need a ride then I would get the indie proudly.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

lks is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Just wanted to say that the Britax B-ready is considered by those in the know on this board to be a much better choice over the BJCS if you want this type of stroller and their Free Ride event is starting July 1st. The 2012 model of the B-ready also has improved wheels over the old version.
    Just wondering - Why do people like the B-Ready so much more than the BJCS? In the store, I think I like the BJCS better! I hated those big plastic wheels, but I did learn yesterday they put better wheels on the new model... But still - why is it better. So curious.

Thanks!
    Mom to a little boy, Born November 2009 and
    Baby Girl due December 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by lks View Post
    Just wondering - Why do people like the B-Ready so much more than the BJCS? In the store, I think I like the BJCS better! I hated those big plastic wheels, but I did learn yesterday they put better wheels on the new model... But still - why is it better. So curious.
    The main reason is that people saying it pushes much better with two kids in it. Did you actually try putting two kids in the BJCS in the store? A lot of people compare strollers in the store empty on smooth floors and pretty much anything will push well in that situation. The real test is when you've got two kids in there, especially two kids of significantly different weights like you would in the BJCS/B-ready. Again, I don't own either, but people on this board say that of the single-to-double strollers of that style the B-ready pushes the best when you're actually using it as intended rather than just admiring it empty.

Default Indie compatible with Lascal BuggyBoard Maxi

Hi lks!

Congratulations on the upcoming 2nd little one!

We recommend the Lascal BuggyBoard Maxi with Indie, Indie Twin, Flyer and Flite.

Please feel free to ask any other questions and thank you for considering another Bumbleride!

Ryan
    Ryan Willson
    Bumbleride Community Manager