Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    Five BabyHawks? Why? I've never tried one, maybe I should. I am having the worst back pain no matter what carrier I use lately.
    Probably all different prints, or she might have paci holders, reversible babyhawks, or toy loops, etc. They're so dang easy to customize you can't just stop at one. Me, I have lots of wraps (bless all those youtube videos on how to wrap!!), ssc's (yamo, beco 4th gen, beco butterfly 2, ergo, gave away one of my beco 4th gens in a gender neutral print), a babyhawk, two kozy's, one ring sling, just sold two pouches. I don't collect shoes or purses so I compensate with carriers.

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Five BabyHawks? Why? I've never tried one, maybe I should. I am having the worst back pain no matter what carrier I use lately.
    Are any of your children old enough for back carries? When my back gets pulled (so easy to do) I switch to back carries so that I don't strain myself unless I bend over. I hope your back feels better soon, I know I'm never myself when I'm hurting.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Maybe not 5. I had one that was lined for the winter and then in the summer I had one in the house and another in my car. All of those are in storage now, so I bought another to bring with us over Passover.

I have kyphosis and after DD3 I had severe SI Joint dysfunction for 6 months or so. I was able to wear a baby hawk with no issue.

I only had one mei tai--a Freehand--but I did love it. It was pretty! And it was the lightest weight of my baby carriers (well, except for the sling that I couldn't use past about three weeks because it put all the weight in one shoulder). And it folded down small enough to fit in a large diaper bag. And it was easy to make it fit me and baby. And it was less hot than my other carriers. I don't have a bad back, but I do have a bad neck and my mei tai was great for me for comfort. I easily wore dd in for a couple of hours at a time in a front carry up to about six months--and she was an 80th percentile in weight baby. It was one of the very few baby things I was sad to give away.

Catherine

slings made from converted wraps are nice too. I never did get the hang of wrapping very much either. But I love the wrap material. Slings are so nice for tiny newbies. Love, I need another baby. I made the mistake of holding a baby girl at church today ! awww. I hope your mother's day got better.
    Amber
    wife to one frugal DH
    mama to 2 curious boys
    DS1 Hollis 5/25/2007
    DS2 London 11/14/2009

Plus a newbie for summer 2013

DD3 is 20 months or so. I front carried her until my baby bump made it impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by OKKiddo View Post
    Are any of your children old enough for back carries?
    Alas no. I know some people babywear on the back from newborn on, but I'm not comfortable with it until they have more head/neck control.

Quote Originally Posted by crl View Post
    I only had one mei tai--a Freehand--but I did love it. It was pretty! And it was the lightest weight of my baby carriers (well, except for the sling that I couldn't use past about three weeks because it put all the weight in one shoulder). And it folded down small enough to fit in a large diaper bag. And it was easy to make it fit me and baby. And it was less hot than my other carriers. I don't have a bad back, but I do have a bad neck and my mei tai was great for me for comfort. I easily wore dd in for a couple of hours at a time in a front carry up to about six months--and she was an 80th percentile in weight baby. It was one of the very few baby things I was sad to give away.
    Tempting. Thanks for the review.

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    DD3 is 20 months or so. I front carried her until my baby bump made it impossible.
    I think the difference between us is that my 2 month old will soon be the size of your 20 month old. My babies start out big and gain fast. He's over 14 lbs already. I think my back muscles just haven't been able to catch up!

Um right, DD3 was 17 lbs at 12 months.

Alas no. I know some people babywear on the back from newborn on, but I'm not comfortable with it until they have more head/neck control.

Tempting. Thanks for the review.

I think the difference between us is that my 2 month old will soon be the size of your 20 month old. My babies start out big and gain fast. He's over 14 lbs already. I think my back muscles just haven't been able to catch up!
    I know what you mean. Dd was right around 24 pounds at 18 months, although she has slowed down a lot and is just over 27 pounds at 25 months. I can't remember her six month weight, but I knew people with kids 6-9 months older who weighed about the same. I never did do a back carry with dd in my mei tai. She started walking at 10 months and I stopped using carriers on a regular basis at that point as she was no longer content to hang out in a carrier while older ds played. I can do a back carry in the Ergo and started doing that around a year.

Catherine

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast