Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I know this wasn't my thread and wasn't even supposed to be about carriers , but I just wanted to update and say I bought a Babyhawk! I had never considered one before this thread so wanted to let you all know. It is the perfect fit for my 3 month old and I really like it. I was loving my Gemini, but haven't been liking the fit lately so this was my solution.

Next stop: Standard Kinderpack. How are you liking your KP, Swissair?

Glad you like your baby hawk!

Catherine

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    How do you like the kinderpack? A bit nervous since I pushed it so hard but I own 4 so obviously I them. DH just had our 34 lb dd on his back today in the kinderpack. So glad we didn't have a stroller like all the other poor souls who were trying to push them over a castle ruin from the 1200s, ugh!
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't know yet. At 31 weeks i am completely unable to babywear (or walk). I'm sure I'll be able to use it for both of them though. I got someone else to try it on with DD3, and they found it very comfy. So I have that and my mei tai now. I think that will be it until I can try anything else on with my newborn. Not that I could have gone to the store to try on a KP anyway.

(Incidentally Roseyloxs, I was cleaning out my inbox and I found a pm from you gushing about KPs from a year ago. Apparently you REALLY like them. Also, the purple paisley is gorgeous.)

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    I know this wasn't my thread and wasn't even supposed to be about carriers , but I just wanted to update and say I bought a Babyhawk! I had never considered one before this thread so wanted to let you all know. It is the perfect fit for my 3 month old and I really like it. I was loving my Gemini, but haven't been liking the fit lately so this was my solution.

Super glad I've converted you to the way of the Baby Hawk.

I think I'm going to scout around while I'm not afraid to drive too far. We have this awesome store called Elephant Ears about an hour away from my house- I've been thinking of taking a trip out there to see all their babywearing/stroller goodies. This might be bad. Maybe I should leave my wallet at home
    Last edited by swissair81; 06-24-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swissair81 View Post
    Super glad I've converted you to the way of the Baby Hawk.
    I'm not sure I'm a convert yet. I love the fit for DS and it is very comfy, which are the two most important things, but there are a couple things I'm not sure about. 1) I can't seem to keep the super long straps off the ground, which can be kind of icky and 2) (and this is connected) it's not poppable as far as I can tell. What I mean is, I can't pop DS out and then pop him back in without retying, the way I can with a wrap or an SSC. Retying ever time seems like a pain. But it has a nice compact fold, fits both DH and I, has a fun side and a serious side , and is cute, so put all those things together and I'm definitely a fan. Plus the price was right. (Of course I didn't pay full price, do BBBers ever? )

It is kind of icky to have the straps on the ground. When I put it on in a parking lot, I try and dangle the straps into the car. That obviously helps you because you have so many cars at your disposal. As for being not poppable, I will admit that is true. But I don't have to adjust buckles (which I love) every time I change clothes or lose a little bit of weight. All I do is retie. As for wraps, I hear they get too loose, and then you have to do the whole thing over again. I went into our natural baby store in Metro D the other day, and they showed me how to put on a Girasol and a Moby. I was not convinced that I am talented enough or that I have enough patience. So I told them I have to decide and I left. I guess it boils down to preference.

It is kind of icky to have the straps on the ground. When I put it on in a parking lot, I try and dangle the straps into the car. That obviously helps you because you have so many cars at your disposal. As for being not poppable, I will admit that is true. But I don't have to adjust buckles (which I love) every time I change clothes or lose a little bit of weight. All I do is retie. As for wraps, I hear they get too loose, and then you have to do the whole thing over again. I went into our natural baby store in Metro D the other day, and they showed me how to put on a Girasol and a Moby. I was not convinced that I am talented enough or that I have enough patience. So I told them I have to decide and I left. I guess it boils down to preference.
    Yeah, I admit that I am probably the world's worst wrapper. I don't retie it. I guess I would if I was the kind of person who really cared about wrapping, but I figure if he's not falling out he's fine. I also think it depends on the wrap. Stretchy wraps like Mobys probably are more likely to get loose than wovens like Girasols just because they are, well, stretchy. Wrapping can be daunting at first though, as can the price tag. I love it now, but I don't think I would have learned to do it if I had had an SSC that fit DS1 after he was born.

I do love that the mei tai is the perfect fit every time. That is a huge plus. DH and I share the Gemini and it drives me bonkers that the fit is all messed up every time he has been wearing it.

I started hating SSCs when my sister started sharing the babywearing with me when DD3 was born and we went on daily walks together. She is a size 2, and I was postpartum (and thus nowhere near a size 2). Changing the straps each time was irritating the heck out of me, so I just kept the Pikkolo at her size and I wore the MT. It also kept my ego somewhat more intact.

I think I'm going to scout around while I'm not afraid to drive too far. We have this awesome store called Elephant Ears about an hour away from my house- I've been thinking of taking a trip out there to see all their babywearing/stroller goodies. This might be bad. Maybe I should leave my wallet at home
    If you make the trip to Elephant Ears, you should check out The Little Seedling, too. Great store

~Cindy

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast