My DD1, who is an extremely picky eater (she doesn't eat whole fruit, at all) actually downed a green smoothie at Costco at the Vitamix demo. I even told her what it had in it (spinach, pineapple, and some other fruits). She will occassionally eat fruit if I make smoothies at home with our old blender (which does still work). Oh, I thought of one fruit she will eat: avocado. LOL.

I'm wondering if a Vitamix is worth it.

I don't want to always be making food for DD1, BUT - she is so extremely picky that I am wondering whether it would be worth caving on at least this aspect since I already make smoothies for the family. It would get fruits AND veggies into her (neither of which she eats). I would have her help me make them, so she will see what goes into it. I'm wondering if this could act as a transition step to getting her to eat the actual fruits and veggies.

I guess this says I'm starting to get kind of desperate here, since she eats NO fruit unless it's in a smoothie. Not even the ones that kids typically love, like bananas, strawberries. She will not touch it, not even at daycare (and the teachers have remarked on it - it concerns them too because sometimes the snack IS a banana, for example). I don't make smoothies all that often right now because it's kind of a lot of work (traditional blender - blend, stir, blend, stir, etc).

Thoughts?? I'd still plow forward with the whole putting tiny amounts of fruits and veggies on her plate (size of 3 peas approach) but I'm really concerned that all she eats is meat, cheese, and carbs. What's amazing is that she's never constipated whereas DD2, who does eat fruits/veggies, has been on Miralax long-term!

eta: oops...mods please feel free to move to kid food!