lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default q re: expiration date

just want to make sure that i'm checking this right - we had a graco snugride for DS. looking on the net, it seems that i just need to flip over the seat and look for an imprint on the bottom in the plastic.

is this right?

and there is no expiration for the base?

thanks!
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

Or look on the bottom for a date of manufacture (on a white sticker with serial number and model number), if you can't find the imprint, just add six years to that date and you'll know the expiration.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The base expires just like the car seat does. The base may have a different Date of Manufacture though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Or look on the bottom for a date of manufacture (on a white sticker with serial number and model number), if you can't find the imprint, just add six years to that date and you'll know the expiration.
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    The base expires just like the car seat does. The base may have a different Date of Manufacture though.
    ok, thanks. so i can look for the manufacture date on both and then add 6 years... for both items, yes?

the imprint date on the car seat is hard to make out...looks like april something 2014...but can't tell exactly

will look again at the sticker date - hopefully that's easier to read

if it hasn't expired...is there any reason to not use it? is it better to buy a new seat regardless?

i would, obviously, love to skip the expense. but if there is reason to not re-use, i would love to know

thanks!
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

Yeah, no reason to buy a new seat if this one's in good condition. Make sure the harness is all put together correctly for a newborn (there two sets of loops on the back, you want to put the metal splitter plate in the shorter ones, and run all the straps under that plastic plate)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

thanks, jools!