I'm pregnant with my first, and had originally planned on registering for the Skip Hop Duo Deluxe, mostly because it's a diaper bag I'm vaguely familiar with. After reading on here, though it seems like it might be annoying to have a magnet closure on top - so stuff can spill out too easily.

I'm planning on baby wearing a lot, will walk a lot - much more regularly than drive in the car, and will go for outings with a stroller when the baby's a little bigger, probably.

I'm only 5'1" and I already know I have a tough time finding backpacks that aren't too huge on me. I have no idea how practical it is to go on an outing for a bit without a diaper bag at all. When I have the stroller, a larger messenger will be fine, because I can clip it to the stroller - and then DH can use it, too. But I know something big and heavy like that is likely to hurt my neck if I have to carry it for long.

I do have a small backpack that I could possibly use as a diaper bag at first. Will it be feasible to wear a backpack and front carrier at the same time? Is there a gender neutral messenger that people recommend for later?

I'd love any thoughts/advice from moms on here. I'm sure there are practical considerations I can't even fathom right now.

Thanks!