Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Ultimate guide to cloth diapers?

Anyone but this? Worthwhile?
    If she'd price it less than $37, I'd try it out
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had never heard of it until you posted this. I agree, $37 sounds steep for something with questionable value.

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've never heard of the book, but I probably wouldn't pay that much. If you look around at various CD boards and sites you can find a wealth of information. You'll find that some trial and error is necessary to figure out what works best for you anyway.
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Is it a digital download? That seems outrageous and it's hard for me to believe you couldn't find the same info online.

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Puddy73 View Post
    I've never heard of the book, but I probably wouldn't pay that much. If you look around at various CD boards and sites you can find a wealth of information. You'll find that some trial and error is necessary to figure out what works best for you anyway.

There's a ton of free info online. I even had an extra-special BBBer take a TON of time to mentor me and answer about a billion questions. So you're welcome to start here!

Sent from the HTC Vivid 4G LTE via Tapatalk 2
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

I think you can learn everything you need to know from quality online sites. If DiaperSwappers is too overwhelming start with Green Mountain Diapers and go from there.

I think this book would really annoy me given that the very first chapter claims to tell you "how many to buy and which types of brands work best." If everyone had the same opinion on that there wouldn't be a board called DiaperSwappers! Cloth diapering takes trial and error because everyone's baby and needs are different.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i agree, $37 seems steep. i wouldn't pay it. i've been CD'ing for almost 2.5 years (14 mos of that with 2 kids) and i learned everything i need to know from here on BBB and the GMD handout (free with order). I totally agree that what works for one family/baby can totally vary and there is no universal "this is the best brand/type to get."

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've never read it, but I learned a TON online: Jillian's drawers tutorials, Pins Stripes and Polka Dots, Diaperswappers (though it can be a bit overwhelming there) and now that I took the plunge into PF's I got the Green Mountain Diapers hand out which is pretty comprehensive. I wouldn't pay $37 for a CD book, honestly, you could get 2 brand new fancy AIO's for that instead!
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

Quote Originally Posted by edurnemk View Post
    I wouldn't pay $37 for a CD book, honestly, you could get 2 brand new fancy AIO's for that instead!
    Yeah, you could buy a dozen GMD prefolds and get their booklet with it (along with a free set of pins) for that price and if you didn't like their advice you'd still have the prefolds. And even if you don't like diapering with prefolds (which I love!) they are so useful when you have a young baby for all kinds of things (spit up, spills, mama cloth, etc.) so they definitely wouldn't go to waste.

I have a booklet I put together for a moms group when I hosted a Cloth Diaper 101 class. I would be happy to email you the file. Just PM me your email address

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast