Default Memory foam crib mattress topper or pad?

DS has a very firm Colgate Classica mattress in his crib. I was so concerned about safety for a newborn that I didn't think about comfort for a toddler at the time I bought it. He has taken to sleeping on top of his pillow, so it is clear that he is wanting something a little softer. I recently bought memory foam bathmats, and he now lays down on the bathmat while waiting for me to get his bath ready, so that gave me the idea to get a memory foam pad for his crib. We are also hoping to ditch the binkies next week, so I think that making his crib more comfortable when his beloved binkies are gone might improve the situation.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a pad? The few that I have found on diapers.com and amazon are really $$$. Ideally I would spend less than $50.

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    DS has a very firm Colgate Classica mattress in his crib. I was so concerned about safety for a newborn that I didn't think about comfort for a toddler at the time I bought it. He has taken to sleeping on top of his pillow, so it is clear that he is wanting something a little softer. I recently bought memory foam bathmats, and he now lays down on the bathmat while waiting for me to get his bath ready, so that gave me the idea to get a memory foam pad for his crib. We are also hoping to ditch the binkies next week, so I think that making his crib more comfortable when his beloved binkies are gone might improve the situation.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a pad? The few that I have found on diapers.com and amazon are really $$$. Ideally I would spend less than $50.
    We bought a decent one from Overstock. Not amazing but decent!
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

Quote Originally Posted by amldaley View Post
    We bought a decent one from Overstock. Not amazing but decent!
    Thanks for the response. I didn't find any on overstock currently. I ended up buying a $15 twin size pad from Target. It is all foam without a cover, so I just set it over the crib mattress and then made it a little smaller than the mattress. If he seems to like it (stops sleeping on his pillow), I will look for something better.

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    Thanks for the response. I didn't find any on overstock currently. I ended up buying a $15 twin size pad from Target. It is all foam without a cover, so I just set it over the crib mattress and then made it a little smaller than the mattress. If he seems to like it (stops sleeping on his pillow), I will look for something better.
    Great idea! So often "crib" size item are over priced anyway.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------