Default Best place to buy replacement wooden train tracks?

Hello! I'm going to get DS some more straight wooden train tracks for his bd; we always seem to have too many curves on our train table . Does anybody know where I can get a deal on tracks? Thank you!

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Keeping in mind it has been several years since we bought wooden track, we found the Imaginex(?) track at Walmart was compatible with the Brio wooden track (compatible with Thomas wooden track). I've no idea if they still carry it though.

Online Walmart shows they carry "Classic Wood" series which, according to a reviewer, is compatible with Thomas wood track. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Classic-Wo...ntain/17248420

If your local Michael's carries Thomas track (ours never did) I heard you could use the 40% coupons but I also heard they put restrictions onthe coupons (again this was years ago). Also, B&N sometimes carries Thomas track so you may get coupons that work there as well (we did that once).
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

We have some of the Toys R Us in-house brand (name escapes me now) and it is compatible.

Oh, and much cheaper than Thomas track.

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would buy Thomas track on Ebay. You can also get good deals at AC Moore buy using coupons. I know Learning Express sells Brio track by the piece.

sail731 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

It's been awhile. But I think at one time Ikea also sold wood tracks for not too much.

I agree, IKEA

jvs195 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Having tried all but the Ikea brand I can just say if your child is easily frustrated by trains going off the track (mine liked to put the longest strand of them together and try to get them all the way around) use the Thomas if you can get a good deal. They have grooves in the track to keep the trains on and seem to go together better. Second the ebay, Craig's List, then MIchael's or AC Moore with their coupons.

Default Thank you!

Thank you to everyone! I'll be calling my local Michael's and AC Moore and crossing fingers they carry the tracks. Thanks for the ideas!