Let me preface this by saying I'm not an Apple person... despite the cute commercials, I'm proud to say "I'm a PC"...

In any case, my mother is feeling very generous (and despite my statement that such a present would be excessive, too extravagant, not necessary), and she is insisting on getting my son an IPad for his 4th birthday ("so he can play educational games and learn a lot")...

Way TOO expensive of a present for my son at this age (at least by my standards)... but she insists, so I'm trying to figure out what the difference between and IPad and an IPod Touch...

I went to the apple website, but I still don't get the fundamental difference after reviewing the features each one offers...

Also, I know there are other tablets out there... one made by Vizio (saw this at Costco) and the Kindle Fire (gotta love amazon)... there's also some by samsung (same as my phone, no, I don't have an IPhone either)... can't he still play educational games on these tablets... I'm trying to talk my mom down, but if she insists, I'm trying to help her find something that is not so expensive...

Any advice/information you can offer would be great!