I'm just curious. A friend asked to borrow our minivan to pick up a large piece of furniture. I'm totally fine with it. I trust these people, they're good friends, they are safe drivers, they have never asked before and are not the type to take advantage of favors, and if something were to happen they'd go out of their way to make it right as best as they could. To me worst case would be sorting through insurance and being inconvenienced by only having one car should the borrowed one get wrecked.

DH isn't comfortable with it because of the chance that something could happen and the inconvenience it would be to us (basically unwillingness to take the risk - and there's nothing wrong with that). But he won't say "no" because he doesn't want them to think he's always the one to say no. (For background, he's the one who is always more likely to say "no" - for example "No, I don't want your out of town friends staying the night that I get back from a business trip because I want to come home to a quiet house", etc. He's definitely way more uptight about these things and yes, I'd agree with him that it appears that he's the one to always say no but what can I do about that? That's just the way things are....sorry that's a tangent!)

Anyway, it just got me wondering - are you comfortable with letting friends borrow your car on rare occasions?