Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    No.
    If someone needed help picking up furniture, I'd rather do the driving to go get it with them.
    My issue is that ppl wanting to borrow my minivan, most likely drive a smaller car and are just not used to a larger vehicle. I think that would put them at a higher risk of an accident. Plus, I don't want them scratching up my car while loading stuff. So, I might agree to help them, but I'd be present. FWIW, DH has a co-worker who has a truck and trailer and he willingly helps us transport large things (he drives his own truck), but DH always compensates by paying for a round of golf, etc..
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    My issue is that ppl wanting to borrow my minivan, most likely drive a smaller car and are just not used to a larger vehicle. I think that would put them at a higher risk of an accident. Plus, I don't want them scratching up my car while loading stuff. So, I might agree to help them, but I'd be present. FWIW, DH has a co-worker who has a truck and trailer and he willingly helps us transport large things (he drives his own truck), but DH always compensates by paying for a round of golf, etc..
    We have never had anyone ask to borrow our vehicles, but when DH's aunt takes my son to her house I just let her take my van and keep her car. Then I drive to her house and pick up kid and car. However, we just got DS a swingset and instead of asking to borrow their truck we just scheduled pick-up when it was convenient for DH's uncle to drive out there. We gave them $20 for gas/mileage for about 10 miles roundtrip.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4