Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default ideas for father's day?

what are you doing/getting for FD?

i'm feeling really stuck for a good, fun idea

thanks!
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Dh rarely does anything for himself other than taking time to head out for bike rides. I am going to get him a GC to a local place that offers a face shave...the full treatment with heated towels, preshave oil, and all of that. DH recently got into nice shaving stuff using a safety razor (Jaeger). We passed this shaving place and he mentioned it looked like fun. He would never do a "spa" thing but this is like a manly spa centered around shaving specifically. I'll give him the GC with some new shave soap. I just replaced his Art of Shaving sandalwood balm because he ran out, but I was originally going to give him that.
    I always do the DADDY pics and have since DS1 was about 2 yo. Always an adventure trying to wrangle the kids for that so I need to start soon
    Last edited by brittone2; 05-16-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For daddy pics - are those professionally done? I like that idea.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DHs LL Bean hammock arrived and I was so excited I gave it to him. He is over the moon with it.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

It's been a couple years since we've done a DADDY picture, so I'm going to do that. I'm thinking of doing DAD spelled out by the kids. If I can get them to look like a "D", it'll work, I think. Otherwise, I'll use the letters again and probably still just do DAD.
    Kris

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    For daddy pics - are those professionally done? I like that idea.
    I just shoot a ton of candids of the kids holding up the D,A,Y (those are the only three letters you need to buy if you are going to spell out DADDY) and then we put pics in the same frame each year, with the new ones in front and the old ones behind them. I am not a great photographer so I just shoot a bunch of pics and eventually find a few that work. I do a few of the kids all together, and some of them individually and use a mix in the final product.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by brittone2 View Post
    I just shoot a ton of candids of the kids holding up the D,A,Y (those are the only three letters you need to buy if you are going to spell out DADDY) and then we put pics in the same frame each year, with the new ones in front and the old ones behind them. I am not a great photographer so I just shoot a bunch of pics and eventually find a few that work. I do a few of the kids all together, and some of them individually and use a mix in the final product.
    I do the same thing except I also make a 12x12 out of the previous years pics and I am going to make a book of all the years of daddy pics

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

The kids will help me make breakfast and bring it to DH in bed. A couple of months ago we had professional pics done so I'll frame one. I'm also giving DH a wallet because he needs a new one. Inside the wallet, I'll put 2 movie tickets.

Also doing DAD pics for the 2nd year in a row now that I have 3 kids to each have a letter. Last year I just gave birth so I used my iPhone. This year I plan to use an actual camera.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Disney Cruise! It leaves on Fathers Day :-)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast