MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Costco's Arctic Zone Ultra lunchboxes are in!

I've been waiting for the new version of Costco's Arctic Zone lunchboxes to come in, and Costco had them today! I liked the old design with the rectangle shape and the big, zippered, roomy interior versus last year's design that had the rounded top and two separate zip compartments. The new version is the rectangle shape with the nice, big roomy compartment like the old design. These are my fav b/c they are big and spacious.

$13.99 (Item Number 647274)

It comes with one leak proof bento container with two removable compartments and an ice pack. It does not have a stainless water bottle.

Features:

High performance expandable lunch pack (double capacity when expanded)
    SuperFoam insulation plus Therma-Flect radiant barrier
    High Performance Ice Pack (stays colder longer than standard AZ ice packs)
    One leak proof bento containe with two removable compartments
    Ultra Safe leak proof, easy clean lining
    Interior mesh pocket
    Exterior zippered pocket
    Removable, adjustable shoulder strap
    Padded handle with attachable Swing Clip
    Can be carried upright or horizontal
    PVC Free
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

blisstwins is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I bought this and love the size and shape. Just curious though, do you guys yse the bento? It is plastic #5. I have become so skittish it drives me crazy. I want to use it because it looks awesome, but did not. Also, it has antimicrobial. As far as I can tell almost all lunchboxes do. Do you think this is danegrous?

Aside from those issues, this is an awesome lunchbox.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I never use the stuff that actually comes with the lunchbox. Always donated the stainless water bottles in the past. I probably won't use the bentos. I will probably use the ice pack.

I haven't been concerned about using their lunchboxes in the past.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

emschwar is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but I got this lunch box for DS, and I'm seriously considering returning it. When it's expanded, it's just too big - holds too much, and won't fit in DS's backpack with all his other school stuff. But when it's not expanded, the folds from the extra fabric take up so much room I can't get enough packed in it. Of course, I feel kind of bad returning it, because we already stuck DS's nametag on it, and we've used it a couple of times. I guess that's why costco has such a great return policy though.

I wish they brought back the lunch boxes they had before (http://www.ilovecostco.com/costco-lunch-box-bag). We're on our 2nd one, and it's perfect. Perfect size, and the pouch in front is great for packing snacks separately from lunches, so kids don't eat everything at snack and save nothing for lunch.
    #1 - 4/2004
    #2 - 9/2007

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh man ... I was at Costco with DH and he was rushing me around ... I missed the lunchboxes!!!!