View Poll Results: Does your stovetop vent hood vent outside?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course it does!

27 58.70%
  • Uh, I thought it should but I just checked and it only recirculates the air.

1 2.17%
  • What on earth are you ranting about?

0 0%
  • Mine only recirculates, but I already knew that. What's the big deal?

14 30.43%
  • I wouldn't know. I don't have time to cook.

0 0%
  • I need to get my thyroid checked.

4 8.70%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post

That was me. I swear that I often feel like such an idiot among all the geniuses on this board. I'm sorry but how does everyone know everything about everything from vent hoods to the nuances of personal finance to politics to any other topic that we sometimes seem to pull out of thin air!! And it seems like everyone has the outside venting hood, and the lowest interest rate, and the most in-depth knowledge of the political spin on current events. While I am left here bumbling through life at a much more clueless level of existence.
    I had no idea about our vent- I knew there was a silver tube that was in the cabinet above the microwave and I figured that it was probably for air traveling out toward the top of our house. However, when I asked my DH, he knew right away that it recirculated.

You learn something new every day I guess.
    YES thank you for this! LOL!! I feel this way, exactly, A LOT!

tny915 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Well, I voted "of course it does," but I'm really a mix between that and "thought it did but it just recirculates."

When we moved into our house, we replaced all the white appliances and hood with stainless steel. The person installing everything told us our range hood did not vent to the outside. I didn't even know that hoods could recirculate, and he looked surprised that our hood was set up that way. The house was built with all the ductwork leading to an outside vent, but the hood was not connected to any of it!
    DD1 2003
    DD2 2008

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3