Default Ikea table & chairs

Hi, I am going to Ikea tomorrow, could you recommend a table & little chairs for my 18 month old to sit and draw, use play dough, etc? I've seen a couple online, but I am curious to see if there is a specific one that you like, thanks!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have the round green plastic one with 4 green stools. My girls love it. It's a big enough surface for two kids to play at and not fight about whose stuff is touching whose. It wipes clean very easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My brother bought this one for my nephew:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50178411/

I've been looking into this one for my DD:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40153703/

Honestly, the 1st one takes up about the same footprint as our high chair, so I may just get that. DD sits at a table at daycare with no problems "wandering" so I might as well.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    I have the round green plastic one with 4 green stools. My girls love it. It's a big enough surface for two kids to play at and not fight about whose stuff is touching whose. It wipes clean very easily.

That's the MAMMUT model:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...533/#/00168650
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jennilynn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We had the Latt but my rambunctious boys broke a table leg (the chairs are still fine, though.) The table legs are pretty thin. My mom has the Mammut (blue rectangular one) and it's great.
    Slightly crunchy mama to three awesome monkeys

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Yes, that's it. I adore it! IMO the wooden rectangular tables are tiny.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

we have the round Mammut table and it's great for 2 kids, size-wise. We have 4 chairs to go with it though in retrospect I wish I'd just gotten the stools so that they'd store easily underneath the table. The chairs are sturdy enough for an adult - DH and I sit in them all the time.

Two things about the round Mammut that I don't like:
    It has FIVE legs. Kind of annoying if you want 2 chairs to fit right across from each other because it won't work that way. But it needs that fifth leg for stability (i.e. a child can lean hard on the edge of the table and it just won't tip).

Since it's plastic (though a VERY sturdy plastic), it's lightweight and pushes around easily. You might find that good or bad.

It wipes off well enough, though it has a surface that I don't consider to be exactly smooth - there is a texture to it and we have marks all over the table from markers, even crayon, that don't wipe off. But - it's an art table so I don't worry about it.

IMO the rectangle tables at IKEA aren't quite big enough for 2 kids who are likely to fight over space.

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have the Latt and love it. My kid is kind of low-key though, so it's been sturdy enough for her.
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

I noticed this one when I was there this week:
    http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40147180/

I like the fact that the legs are adjustable. We have a Kidkraft table and are very happy with it - solid wood and solid as a rock.

tamar is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default Mammut

Too late for op but we love mammut too. We have the round table with 3 chairs. We bring the set outside in the spring/summer and it's a hand me down too. It's used very heavily but holds up beautifully.