Default Dyson animal at Costco

I saw Dyson animal DC40 at Costco on sale for $400. Is it a good deal? Did you use it and like, dislike it?http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...l#BVRRWidgetID

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We bought our Dyson DC 14 All Floors Kit at Costco for $440 I think in 2007. I love that vacuum. The only real difference between the regular Dysons and the Animal Dyson is the attachments it comes with. This one only includes the mini turbine head and even when we need to vacuum up dog hair we rarely use this one. I love my low floor tool and the hardwood floor tool as well.

I might look for some other deals that include other tools, but if you think you will use your mini turbine tool then this is probably a good deal, esp. for a ball vacuum.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am in love with my Dyson. I got the DC33 (refurbished, but looks brand new) on Woot for $205 shipped a couple of months ago. It's awesome.

The only thing I don't like is that it made me realize we had been living in filth!
    DS age 9

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I like Dyson, but sometimes coupons at Kohl's or BBB can make it cheaper than Costco. Just check.

The thing to remember with Dyson is that for the most part, the accessories aren't a big deal. Just look at the number. Dyson 40, Dyson 25, etc. Get the newest model you can cuz they did make improvements.

I bought my Dyson Animal (with the purple ball) from Costco 4-6 months ago during a super sale ($369?) and then the next week it was back up over $400. If you're not in a hurry, I'd wait and see.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hemmed and hawed over this yesterday! The lady at the demo was from Germany and was a HOOT to talk to. She gave me honest opinions about the Dyson vs Miele (for example) and she says that she's a loyal Dyson follower. I asked her about buying refurbished and she said "you get just a 6 month warrantly with refurbished but you can get a great deal that way and honestly, I'd take the risk and buy refurbished because it's so much cheaper." LOL - it was refreshing to talk to a salesperson willing to give her honest opinion about how great of a "deal" the Costco one is.