Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

That doesn't sound right, you should definitely try again.

I called LE last week b/c DD2's 1yo backpack ripped along the seam. I got it on super-discount ($10.50 for a $45 backpack) so they would not replace it. But I am mailing it back and they are crediting me for it.

I would definitely expect a backpack to last longer than 2 years, especially at the price LE charges. DD1 has an LLBean backpack that is going on 3 years and still looks new. This year I am trying GH for DD2.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Shoot. I'm nearly 100% positive I bought it online. I never buy these things in the store but I can't find the order receipt. Shooooooot.

They can look it up for you - I bought mine online and was (miraculously) able to find my order confirmation in my old emails, but they were looking through my orders while we were on the phone!

yes it will probably take a while and they might be cranky about it. But too bad! The item number should be on the tag inside the backpack, it might help to locate the order.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'll add that DD has a backpack from LE and used it 2 years in preschool and last year in kindergarten and it's in perfect shape. She'll outgrow it before it wears out, I am sure.

DS1's is from LLBean and is on year 6. He's outgrowing it and will get a new one, but otherwise, it's fine.
    Kris

ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    T
    I called LE last week b/c DD2's 1yo backpack ripped along the seam. I got it on super-discount ($10.50 for a $45 backpack) so they would not replace it.
    Why the heck would that matter? It's not like you bought it used. It's still the same product regardless of how much you paid for it. If this is true then it is violating their own policy of guaranteed. period. Where do they draw the line in what they will accept back? Do they not guarantee their turtlenecks if you BOGO? That's a cr@ppy policy.
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ha98ed14 View Post
    Why the heck would that matter? It's not like you bought it used. It's still the same product regardless of how much you paid for it. If this is true then it is violating their own policy of guaranteed. period. Where do they draw the line in what they will accept back? Do they not guarantee their turtlenecks if you BOGO? That's a cr@ppy policy.
    They are taking it back and refunding/crediting her for the price paid. They are just not exchanging it for a brand new one.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Moneypenny is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had a very similar situation with a lands end back pack I got on clearance for DD. I ordered it online and was told I couldn't bring it back to a store and had to ship it back to them at m cost. The CS lady was very helpful in finding the order for me, but since I only paid about $10 for it, would only get credit and not a replacement, and had to pay shipping back to them, I decided to just skip it.
    Moneypenny
    DD is 19!

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I sent a lands end backpack back this past winter where the seams had ripped. I'm sure I didn't still have the receipt, but put a note in with it, saying when I bought it. They sent me the closest equivalent backpack they had, which was much smaller, and a gift card with the remaining balance of the difference between the cost of the two packs. I ended up returning the one they sent me, getting the money back on my cc, and they buying one a few weeks ago when the bigger packs came in.

They may not pay for the shipping for you to return it, but they will send you a replacement I'm sure.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

Quote Originally Posted by ha98ed14 View Post
    I'm pretty sure their policy is replace or refund. They checked to see if they had this exact backpack, it was sold out/discontinued, so could not replace it.

I was actually happy with this, I didn't another LE backback after this last one fell apart! If they had given me a new one I probably would have donated it.

They sent me a return label and I'll be popping the old one in the mail to them.

Canna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I do think the zipper on a (nicely made) kids' backpack should last more than 2 years. The pack we bought DD#1 for preschool, from LL Bean was used for three years (through kindergarten) and she continues to use it each summer for hiking at camp and for travel - she's going into 2nd grade now.

I wouldn't necessarily expect the pack to be in perfect condition - it might get dirty, some scrapes or abrasions to the fabric, etc. But I WOULD expect the zippers to work and the straps to stay well connected to the pack.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast