Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    KHF is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This is making me happy I've stuck with LL Bean for backpacks. I had to get DD's Little Original replaced when the top handle pulled out of the backpack on one side. I bought it on a huge clearance too and the pattern was discontinued. They sent me a brand new Little Original. Then, at the end of last year, her Little Critter backpack zipper disintegrated, they sent me a brand new one, no hesitation.
    DD - 2005
    DS - 2008

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

JUst mailed one back 2 weeks ago. I would guess it was purchased about 2 years ago - but used LESS than one school year. I didn't have the receipt and didn't buy online.

The seams completely unraveled on one side after a few months... we got through the school year with it - but that was pushing it cause it was down the whole side.

Cost me about $5 to ship it back - and they sent me a gift card for $11.03 - - or around that "odd" amount. Not sure how they computed it. AND i can't remember what i paid for it originally. HOnestly i was hoping they would send out a replacement backpack since it was a common royal blue one - nothing fancy.

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey0709 View Post
    JUst mailed one back 2 weeks ago. I would guess it was purchased about 2 years ago - but used LESS than one school year. I didn't have the receipt and didn't buy online.

The seams completely unraveled on one side after a few months... we got through the school year with it - but that was pushing it cause it was down the whole side.

Cost me about $5 to ship it back - and they sent me a gift card for $11.03 - - or around that "odd" amount. Not sure how they computed it. AND i can't remember what i paid for it originally. HOnestly i was hoping they would send out a replacement backpack since it was a common royal blue one - nothing fancy.
    if you don't have the receipt, they give you the historically lowest price for that item. So, 11.03 wouldn't have been enough to have replaced the pack at full price.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

Quote Originally Posted by KHF View Post
    This is making me happy I've stuck with LL Bean for backpacks. I had to get DD's Little Original replaced when the top handle pulled out of the backpack on one side. I bought it on a huge clearance too and the pattern was discontinued. They sent me a brand new Little Original. Then, at the end of last year, her Little Critter backpack zipper disintegrated, they sent me a brand new one, no hesitation.
    This is one benefit to LLB not changing their designs every darn year. They have good packs, they add new prints, but the designs remain the same for the most part. If you have an issue they usually give you the choice of a credit or replacement.

I have heard of many people over the last few years (through school) who have had major issues doing returns with LE on everything from uniforms to backpacks. It seems their quality has changed and each redesign it blips up or down but overall has trended down. They have only offered me refund for lowest price on products when I have asked due to the constant redesigns if it is something that I can't find the sales slip for or was purchased by grandparents/extended family for school (even if product has been available).
    Last edited by MamaKath; 07-23-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3