Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Verizon Customers with Shared Plans - Cost Savings Possible (YMMV)

While on the Verizon site exploring international plans for our upcoming trip, I discovered that we save over $50 a month by changing over the the Share Everything plan, and now we have Mobile Hotspot for free.

Here's what you get with your Share Everything Plan:
    • Unlimited Talk for all devices on your account. No more worries about overage charges.
    • Unlimited Text for all devices on your account. Send as many text, picture and video messages as you want.
    • Shareable Data for all the devices on your account. Select how much you'll need, and then share it with up to 10 devices.
    • Mobile Hotspot is included on all capable devices. Connect your device and share your data allowance with multiple Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
    • Connect up to 10 devices. Choose which devices you'd like to connect, and then share your minutes, messages and data.

You can compare your current plan to the new Share Everything plan on the Verizon website.
    Last edited by Melbel; 07-31-2012 at 11:02 PM.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

What plan did you have before?

We have 2 Iphone 4S. I use more data than DH does because internet at work is sometimes restrictive and it is easier just to use my phone. DH still uses the computer at work. We have Imessaging, which is free texting so we don't need texting as we text so few people with other devices or calling plans (our old phones were hard to text on so we never got around to doing it much, so most people think we don't text)

DH and I have 2 gigs of data each, and split 700 minutes (and we have never gone over; we still have a land line phone), and our bill for that and the data is $132 or so per month. Neither of us are data hogs, but the Verizon data plan calculator still calculated us at over 2 gig a month a total. I would only save $10 by switching to the 2 gig plan vs. staying with my current 4 gigs of data for $60, which now costs $70 under Share Everything. I also get $10 off my voice line.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-31-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

icunurse is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just did it on their site. I will be spending $25 more per month for less data (1gb vs the unlimited that I have now). And I don't really need unlimited talk and text because my current 1400 minutes family share and 250 texts with the friends and family program more than covers it. I argued with a rep last week about it, as she was trying to switch me over now and she just wouldn't admit that, for someone with my usage, we will be getting screwed with the new program. Oh, and for whatever reason, my employee discount is reduced from $25 per month to $11 per month, too. So an extra $300 per year total. Old monthly bill $115, new bill $139.

Thanks OP! I'll save $30 a month with this plan.
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012
    Expecting a Boy July 2014!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I had an employee compare for us. It wpuld increase our bill by $30 or so. We have one regular phone, one smartphone. We have 700 min and 250 texts each. I jave unlimoted data and am under 2gb. We pay $93 now and it would go to $130. Funny how its so different for people.
    Kris

Dcclerk is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We just did this, and we are saving $20 a month even after adding 2 new phone lines! We are not data hogs, so didn't need the unlimited data, but both of us did need the hotspots, which were quite costly under our old plans. This is a big savings for us (if we hadn't added the two phone lines, it would have been $100 in savings).

At first I thought the new plan was more, than I realized it didn't factor in our 22 percent discount. With it, it's $30 cheaper a month.
    DS1 - 11/09
    DS2 - 7/11

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    What plan did you have before?

We have 2 Iphone 4S. I use more data than DH does because internet at work is sometimes restrictive and it is easier just to use my phone. DH still uses the computer at work. We have Imessaging, which is free texting so we don't need texting as we text so few people with other devices or calling plans (our old phones were hard to text on so we never got around to doing it much, so most people think we don't text)

DH and I have 2 gigs of data each, and split 700 minutes (and we have never gone over; we still have a land line phone), and our bill for that and the data is $132 or so per month. Neither of us are data hogs, but the Verizon data plan calculator still calculated us at over 2 gig a month a total. I would only save $10 by switching to the 2 gig plan vs. staying with my current 4 gigs of data for $60, which now costs $70 under Share Everything. I also get $10 off my voice line.
    We had unlimited calls, a charge for texts, and 2GB of data each (only use about 1/2 that each month). We rarely use our land line anymore and even forward calls to our home to my cell phone (avoids us missing doctor calls). Our cost was $200/month (before taxes/fees) and it went down to $150/month (which happens to be DH's monthly benefit through his work, so we will only be out taxes/fees each month).

ETA: Our new plan gives us 4GB data to share (essentially the same as our old plan but with the ability to share)
    Last edited by Melbel; 07-31-2012 at 10:54 PM.