Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Update in OP. Great ideas!---Know any fun ways to memorize multiplication tables?

Big thanks to Lilycat for the Aleks link and suggestion. Gator has been doing their Quicktables and games and while not exactly loving them, he does love that he doesn't have to study with me, can go at his own pace, is challenged and not bored by all the repetition. I love that he doesn't find a million excuses to study his math facts everyday and I can do other things while he is practicing. I don't have to keep an eye on hm because he wont walk away from the computer if he is being challenged. He is pretty sucked into the games!

I also ordered the Right Start math games but we have been pretty busy around here to start them. Friday nights are suppose to be game nights though, so this will be a good game for Friday nights!

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gator is having a hard time memorizing his multiplication facts. He loves math, but hates memorizing these. To make matters worse, his school's math program has him taking weekly timed tests. I've been working with him this summer but he hates it more and more. He started learning them last year but his teacher gave us a heads up that he will really need to know them for this upcoming year.

Any creative suggestions?
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 08-11-2012 at 05:20 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.