Default Amazon return policy on diapers?

Don't they advertise free returns??

I'm skeptical because there have been some things that I've bought that originally said free returns but they charged me anyway and said it wasn't their policy :/

I clicked through returning diapers online and it said to either take it o he post office or use ups pickup which would be $6- I'm wondering of they will deduct shipping from my refund amount if I take it to the post office to mail.

Has anyone had positive experience with returning diapers?
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I got that same message a couple of weeks ago. We ended up just deciding to keep the diapers. I guess their preferred shipper is now the USPS so I would just drop it off there. This is new though because the last time I had to return diapers at the beginning of the year I could still drop them off at UPS, and it was free return shipping.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

luli13 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I can't offer advice but I want to bump this up in hopes that someone has done this lately. I just got my subscribe and save shipment today but they sent me two boxes instead of one. They only charged me for the one box so far but I want to send a box back.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I just returned a case of diapers. Printed the label and dropped the box off at USPS. Received a full refund, no return shipping cost.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.