Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Target has changed their Up&Up diapers, what should I try now?

Anyone notice this? They have a blue strip inside, and they're thinner and don't stay on as well. This really bums me out (pun intended) because I loved the old ones, and they were so cheap!

Once I finish this case, what do y'all think I should try next? Costco (Kirkland) brand? A name brand?
    Mom to a beautiful girl since 9-2-2011

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Costco's Kirkland diapers are fabulous.

I'd use them if I had a membership ... and a Costco near enough to make it practical.

We use Huggies because I wasn't fond of the inconsistent fit of the Up & Up diapers on my DD's tush and she's allergic to Luvs & Pampers.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I've been happy with both the costco (Kirkland diapers) and the Sam's club (Simply Right) diapers. We get the Simply right because we have a Sam's membership, but used Kirklands when the boys were younger because Simply right diapes only come in size 3, 4 & 5.

If you have a Sam's membership diapers and wipes can be delivered to your door with NO shipping charges and no minimum order value. A case of diapers is $35 and Sz 4 has 200 diapers per case.

I personally think the Simply Right diapers are comparable to Huggies in sizing and performance.
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

Oh no! I love their diapers! I haven't come across any of the new ones yet, we have 4 boxes, I hope they are all still the 'old' ones.
    Their diapers was the main reason I shop at Target, not so sure I'll have a reason to go there now.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We've had good luck with Kirkland brand as well. The size 1/2 type seems very comparable to Huggies size 1. Unscented, Same rounded tabs, same absorbancy, same elastic poop catcher flap in the back.

Bummer about the Target brand changes. They used to be our go-to brand when we got close to a size change and I didn't want to do a full Amazon order.

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So glad I read this as I came in to ask about the Kirkland brand.

Does anyone know how they compare to Pampers? Miss Mopey is in size 2 Pampers and will be for a while I think but I know I can save some $ at Costco.

She sleeps a looooooooong stretch at night (between 9 and 12 hours at a clip) and hardly ever leaks with the Pampers. Are Kirkland as good?
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Oh no! I was just about to try them! Im done with Huggies. The pictures bleed off and stain their clothes! I think I'll try Kroger brand next since I love their pull ups.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hmm, what sort of print do the new ones have on the outside? I have been using Up&Up diapers for the past few months when we travel or have a sitter, and I haven't noticed a difference in fit, thickness, or anything else. I did notice that they recently changed the print on the outside to have little purple/green/grey stars, vs the big blue/green dots they used to have, but I haven't noticed anything else different about them. I definitely don't see a blue strip inside the newer ones I have. I just bought a huge case of them, maybe I still have the old?

Ms Pacman, the new Up&Ups I have still have the old green/blue polka dots.

I've heard that some Up&Ups now have stars, but IDK if they're the new diapers or not.
    Mom to a beautiful girl since 9-2-2011

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had never tried Up&Up before, but I recently bought a pack to get me through to my next S&S shipment. I guess they were probably the new ones. They have the blue and green dots like I have seen on so many babies, but they DID have the blue strip in the middle. It seemed like they irritated DS's skin, so we went back to what we were using before. I guess I am on the new ones, even though I did not try the old ones for comparison.

I am probably going to try the Costco ones....
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast