Default Where can I find a really good non-slip silicone case for my android phone?

All the ones I've seen, including the Otterboxes are too smooth feeling to me. I am looking for a textured silicone case that won't slip out of my hand. My work android phone has a textured silicone cover and I love it - however it attracts lint and I think the new ones are smoother to avoid this, but they all feel too slippery to me.

I just got a new HTC One X which is one of the larger Android phones. There's a limited amount of accessories in stores for it, though a lot more online, but it's hard to tell without seeing or feeling it in your hand.

I've looked at a bunch of sites but figured I'd turn to my favorite forum for help! I need to get one asap, it's driving me nuts not to have anything on it. And I'm sick of tired of looking at all of the websites, lol.
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

kwc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I have an iPhone but I like Speck cases for their durability (and I have a CandyShell Satin which is nonslip) as I am prone to dropping phones.

They have a couple that would fit your phone and are made to be nonslip:
    http://www.speckproducts.com/smartphone-cases/htc.html
    Last edited by kwc; 08-22-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Oops... saw you prefer silicone. Though I expect any silicone to attract lint.

That is helpful. I like the red Pixelskin one, though it's for the HTC One V which I think is a bit smaller. I like the little pixel type pattern to make it more nonslip.

So the Candy satin ones are pretty grippy? I might consider these if I cannot find what I'm looking for. Thanks so much!
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

I think I just found what I'm looking for....there's a basic gel skin on the htc and at&t site that is very textured and grippy. Rather boring, but at least I can get it in red.
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

I love my Trident case, No time to post a link, but I got it on Amazon. Best case I have ever had.
    Michelle

DS#1 10/02
    DS#2 8/04

Homeschooling mom to 2 middle schoolers, once-owner of the now-defunct My Little Ducks

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love, love, love my Casemate phone case! I also have an HTC smartphone. Here's the one for your model: http://www.case-mate.com/HTC-One-X-C...Tough-Case.asp. It's textured and definitely doesn't collect lint. I've had mine for over a year now and it's going strong!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Quote Originally Posted by jam224 View Post
    I love, love, love my Casemate phone case! I also have an HTC smartphone. Here's the one for your model: http://www.case-mate.com/HTC-One-X-C...Tough-Case.asp. It's textured and definitely doesn't collect lint. I've had mine for over a year now and it's going strong!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleRC View Post
    I love my Trident case, No time to post a link, but I got it on Amazon. Best case I have ever had.
    Great! I will check those out. Do they add a lot of bulk to your phone? I did find an Otterbox that was 50% off at the AT&T store...it was the Defender one that is more grippy than the Commuter series which is the one I tried and felt slippy with. It does protect the phone but makes it bulkier, so I might return it and try one of those.

I like the fun colors too!
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I really like my Diztronic Glitterflex case for my Razr Maxx. I have the smokey glitter color, but I don't see it for the HTC One X. I don't like slippery cases or ones that attract lint; it's not bulky at all and feels perfect!

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have an Otterbox Defender for my iPhone and it is plenty "grippy." My phone has been dropped repeatedly and is as good as new.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl07067 View Post
    Great! I will check those out. Do they add a lot of bulk to your phone? I did find an Otterbox that was 50% off at the AT&T store...it was the Defender one that is more grippy than the Commuter series which is the one I tried and felt slippy with. It does protect the phone but makes it bulkier, so I might return it and try one of those.

I like the fun colors too!
    The Casemate is actually quite slim for the protection/security it provides! It's not bulky at all. It does make the phone a little bit thicker, but that's because it's providing a lip around the screen (so you can place your phone face down on a surface without fear of your screen getting scratched). My impression is that it's slim like the Commuter series of Otterbox, but it's definitely grippy, so hopefully it'll work for you!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)