Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default help me decide! bumbleride indie or macleren volo?

hi all!

i am DYING to buy a bumbleride indie with my tax refund. my lo is 5 months old and i see it as an investement since i'll get use out of it for the next few years (he will be my one and only lo). i currently have a baby trend carseat/stroller combo my friend got me. i like it but it's huge and takes up my whole trunk space (i drive a nissan cube) and is awkward to fold. my boyfriend says that i should just get an umbrella stroller so it doesn't take up too much room. it will be used for light walking around the park or neighborhood or the stores or mall. i've never seen either in person, i've just been doing research on the internet.

any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The Volo has no recline and tiny wheels so not really the best for gravel and grass. I have one and like it but it doesn't compare to an Indie at all.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

They're very different strollers with different purposes. If getting an umbrella I'd advice you to get one with a few more features: reckine, canopy, etc. the Volo is very bare bones. I also hate the push on umbrella strollers so I'd prefer something like a Valco Snap for a light and compact stroller.

That said, if your sidewalks are bumpy, I'd get an Indie. An AT's push will be far superior to an umbrella. I also love the Indie, the only reason I don't have one isthat I prefer reversible strollers.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

I have both and the Indie is MUCH nicer in any way I can think of. Other than space in a trunk but honestly its not bad space wise at all. It fits in my tiny Accent trunk with more than half of my space still available. It's a really smooth push, fantastic fabrics, great customer service, and it is much more comfy for my toddler, he still fits with room to grow at 3 and super tall. Happy Shopping!
    Amber
    wife to one frugal DH
    mama to 2 curious boys
    DS1 Hollis 5/25/2007
    DS2 London 11/14/2009

Plus a newbie for summer 2013

Do it, buy the indie!
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Another vote for the indie! I agree that the volo is very bare bones. I only use an umbrella stroller for quick in and out trips to post office, drugstore etc. The indie has great handling, an easy push and is comfy. Nothing like an umbrella IMHO.

I vote for both. An Indie and a lightweight umbrella (I'd get a G-luxe or at least Triumph personally) is a good combo.

But if you have to do just one then definitely the Indie. I hate the Volo.

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    I vote for both. An Indie and a lightweight umbrella (I'd get a G-luxe or at least Triumph personally) is a good combo.

But if you have to do just one then definitely the Indie. I hate the Volo.
    Except I have never used the volo so I can't comment on it specifically.

Catherine

I vote for both. I have a Volo but I would only use it inside. It is not an outside stroller at all. Also, it sits very upright and has no recline. I wouldn't put a baby under 9 or 10 months in it, personally, as it is so upright.

If you are looking for a one and only stroller, maybe you should consider a BJCM GT or the new Bob Motion. Those looke like they could work well as a one and only stroller for walks outside and in the mall.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

thank you all so much for your suggestions! my sister just got an indie and we went to target last night and i got to push it around a bit, MY GOSH! i can't believe i said i liked the baby trend stroller. compared to the indie...well, there is no comparison! i can't believe i've gone five months thinking it was okay.

i think i totally get stroller hoarding now, lol. the indie was so light, pp, you were correct that it wasn't very big folded up at all and it was so easy to push. i am definately going to purchase an indie now and then (as suggested) get an umbrella stroller for quick trips.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast