Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sweetsue98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default S/O for restaurants in San Fran by warf and Chinatown

DH and I are in San fran this weekend and wanted to go to Chinatown and fishermans warf tomorrow. We definitely want dim sum so suggestions in chinatown. Any suggestions for seafood restaurant in fishermans warf?

Thanks!!! I'm so excited to eat

For seafood at Fisherman's Wharf, I suggest Scoma's. A bit pricey, but lovely service and very good food, IME.

http://scomas.prohost.mobi/?

Our go-to dim sum places aren't in China Town as we live out by Clement Street which is sort of a second china town, but not touristy. So I am no help there. Yelp is usually a good source for that kind of thing.

Have fun!
    Catherine

Here is the yelp link for dim sum in China Town: http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...sco::Chinatown. Looks like Great Eastern might be a contender.
    Last edited by crl; 09-15-2012 at 11:52 AM.

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The slanted door, if you can get a reservation!! It's in Embarcadero, on the water front. We walked from Union Square, to Chinatown, then Fisherman's wharf, before sitting down for an amazing dinner and great views.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-slanted-door-san-francisco
    Last edited by urquie; 09-15-2012 at 12:59 PM.

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You must go to Koi palace for dim sum - it's outside chiantown in Daly city but so yummy. Trust me,...I've had lots of dim sum in my life...

http://www.koipalace.com/default.htm

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by urquie View Post
    The slanted door, if you can get a reservation!! It's in Embarcadero, on the water front. We walked from Union Square, to Chinatown, then Fisherman's wharf, before sitting down for an amazing dinner and great views.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-slanted-door-san-francisco
    I loved slanted door - somehow we got a last minute reservation, which was this huge booth that had a great view of the bridge. We were celebrating our anniversary and lucked out. Then they came out and offered us a free scallop dish b/c they made an extra by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_acorn View Post
    You must go to Koi palace for dim sum - it's outside chiantown in Daly city but so yummy. Trust me,...I've had lots of dim sum in my life...

http://www.koipalace.com/default.htm
    Just FYI, Daly City is not in San Francisco so unless you have a car it's probably not very accessible for you.

Catherine

ETA. Also the Slanted Door is not at Fisherman's Wharf. It is further east at Embarcadero.

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

For dim sum in the downtown area (although not specifically Fish Wharf), Yank Sing is popular. A little pricey for dim sum but good. I believe there are two locations. And I agree that Koi Palace is great for dim sum but Daly City is 1/2 hr by car from SF.

Slanted Door is excellent but it is Vietnamese cuisine. Not sure if that is what you are looking for.

Another great place on the Embarcadero (kind of close to Fish Wharf) is La Mar Cebicheria. Very tasty Peruvian cuisine, great view and very good seafood.

Waterbar is also on the Embarcadero. Excellent seafood.

Fisherman's wharf is near the Ferry Building which has many good food options in there including slanted door and hog island oyster co.
    Yank Sing is really good for dim sum though definitely pricey. Koi palace in Daly city is great but be prepared to wait.

Eta if you can't get a reservation at slanted door you can eat at the bar.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by urbanmommy; 09-15-2012 at 03:26 PM.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I love Koi Palace but it's not in SF. Love love love KP - and it's right near Target and Carters too.

I hate Fisherman's Wharf and the mediocre restaurants near there. I agree with the Slanted Door recc if you're willing to drive/muni a short distance to the Ferry Bldg. It's a wonderful place.

For dim sum in downtown SF I recommend Yank Sing - pricey but very good. Just open for lunch, not dinner. I've been to lots of dim sum in Chinatown but none of it knocked my socks off. We also like Ton Kiang but that's in the Richmond.
    Last edited by citymama; 09-15-2012 at 07:03 PM.

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I love Koi Palace but it's not in SF. Love love love KP - and it's right near Target and Carters too.

I hate Fisherman's Wharf and the mediocre restaurants near there. I agree with the Slanted Door recc if you're willing to drive/muni a short distance to the Ferry Bldg. It's a wonderful place.

For dim sum in downtown SF I recommend Yank Sing - pricey but very good. Just open for lunch, not dinner. I've been to lots of dim sum in Chinatown but none of it knocked my socks off. We also like Ton Kiang but that's in the Richmond.
    Ton Kiang is also my non-Chinatown recommendation. Or for cheap, Good Luck Dim Sum, which always, always has a line. Both are out in the Richmond though so no good as a place to stop by while doing tourist things in Chinatown.

Catherine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast