mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Why doesn't my kindle ap work?

I have the kindle ap on my iphone, but it never seems to sync with my kindle. It's always way behind where I am when I'm reading on my kindle, and then I spend ages trying to find the right page. Anyone know what wrong with it?
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

Sometimes I have to wait a bit for the "sync to the furthest read page?" message to come up. Although actually its usually on my kindle I have to wait, my iPhone is pretty quick. Maybe wait a a bit longer before you start looking? 10-15 secs should do it.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

I have done that, and I've also prompted the message to come up, but it always says it's at the furthest read point, and it's nowhere near there.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

I got nothin'.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have found that generally you have to go back to the home screen on whatever device you are reading on (Kindle or Kindle app) for it to know where your last page is when it syncs. If I let the Kindle go to screen saver from where I'm reading instead of going to the home screen, then try to sync on my iPod touch, it usually is off and I have to hunt around to find my place.

I had a similar thing happen to me with my Kindle Fire. I think my problem was that my "furthest page read" was somehow not syncing properly because I had jumped way ahead on one of my devices. If you go to your Amazon account, you can actually reset the "furthest page read" across all your devices. Then the next time you open one of them to the page you want, it records that as your furthest page read (and worked in my case).
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Thanks all. Will try these out and see if I can get it to work again.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have found that generally you have to go back to the home screen on whatever device you are reading on (Kindle or Kindle app) for it to know where your last page is when it syncs. If I let the Kindle go to screen saver from where I'm reading instead of going to the home screen, then try to sync on my iPod touch, it usually is off and I have to hunt around to find my place.

Also, if I'm reading somewhere that I don't have a wireless connection, then the Kindle and Kindle app don't always sync up properly.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)