Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

We have our dogs name and our phone number. She also has a tag with her chip ID # and URL.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

First and last name of dog (she was my first baby!)
    Address
    DH's cell #
    My cell #

Our dog was not micro-chipped, but if we get another dog, I will want to get the microchip as an added measure.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    Our dog was not micro-chipped, but if we get another dog, I will want to get the microchip as an added measure.
    You can still get it done. In our area, our local animal shelter/ "pound" will do microchipping for like $10 or $15 total. It can be done at any age and is no different than a shot, easier I think. It's actually in some ways better not to do it with a little puppy because the microchip can "slip" and be harder to find as they grow.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    You can still get it done. In our area, our local animal shelter/ "pound" will do microchipping for like $10 or $15 total. It can be done at any age and is no different than a shot, easier I think. It's actually in some ways better not to do it with a little puppy because the microchip can "slip" and be harder to find as they grow.
    She passed away 2 yrs ago, lol. However, if I get another dog, I am getting him/her microchipped. I'm trying to find a small dog to rescue right now and we are probably leaning more toward an adult dog again, since the puppies get grabbed up so quickly.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    Unless you have a big baby like our male dog who cried like a baby when he got his microchip Our female on the other hand barely noticed it.

Here, a lot of the larger rescue orgs also offer microchip days (like first Sunday of every month) where it costs just $15.

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    She passed away 2 yrs ago, lol. However, if I get another dog, I am getting him/her microchipped. I'm trying to find a small dog to rescue right now and we are probably leaning more toward an adult dog again, since the puppies get grabbed up so quickly.
    Oh, I'm sorry! I misunderstood and thought you may have been thinking microchipping had to be done as puppies/young dogs.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

On my dog's tag, I have my first initial, my last name, my phone number and the vet's phone number. My dog's name is not on the tag, nor is my full name or address.
    big girl 6/06
    little girl 9/08

"I'm not stupid; I just don't stop to proofread." (PRM?)

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dog's name
    my email address

We move a lot so getting him new tags every other year is a PITA.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

We have our names, address, and cell and home phone numbers. NOT the dog's name. We now live in a very small town, so if someone didn't know our dog, our names would be enough to return him.

This is contrast to the very large city I grew up in, where having the dog's name on the tag encouraged stealing it- if a thief knew the dog's name, the dog would likely respond better to the thief.

That's not an issue where I live now, but we still don't have his name on the tag, as our info to get him returned to us is more important.
    DS- 6/09
    DD- 4/12
    It's a boy! DS- 2/15

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hydrangea View Post
    This is contrast to the very large city I grew up in, where having the dog's name on the tag encouraged stealing it- if a thief knew the dog's name, the dog would likely respond better to the thief.

That's not an issue where I live now, but we still don't have his name on the tag, as our info to get him returned to us is more important.
    I had not thought of that, but I guess you are right that some ppl are big enough jerks to just steal the dog, esp if it's a purebred. Our shelter yesterday realized that a young couple stole a puppy! It was not a purebred puppy, but seriously, WTH steals a dog from an animal shelter? I have a feeling they will also be the type who are irresponsible owners.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast