Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Found some great Calvin Klein skinny ponte pants...at Costco!

When returning my recalled peanut butter to Costco yesterday I took a minute to browse and found a great pair of Calvin Klein ponte pants.

They are a skinny pant, just like some of the Hue leggings I have seen. They have a button/zipper fly, fake front jean-style pockets, real back pockets and belt loops. They come in black, gray and brown and are sized 2-4-6, etc., not S-M-L.

They are 65% cotton, 30% polyester and 5% elastane.

I have the Calvin Klein shorts sold at Costco and can wear a 4 or 6 depending on how big my dinner was . I tried both in the pants and am keeping the 6 because they weren't quite as tight on my thighs.

The best part...they are only $16.99! The Costco item number is 661053.

These look great with my new Frye Melissa button boots and this Garnet Hill tunic top (http://www.garnethill.com/ruched-tun...e=&listIndex=0)
    and DH really liked them too. He is very honest (in a good way!) on giving me feedback on how things look so I took that as a positive.

So, for anyone looking for a legging pant on a budget, these are a great pick!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Sunland makes the PB that is a part of the Trader Joe's recall. Sunland also makes the Costco PB that is in the jar with the red lid...says Sunland on the front. Two 40oz jars are packaged together and they are part of the recall.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

iaam is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the tip, OP. I got a pair today.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post

These look great with my new Frye Melissa button boots and this Garnet Hill tunic top (http://www.garnethill.com/ruched-tun...e=&listIndex=0)
    Just had to say I also wore this top (green stripe) with skinny jeans and my Frye's yesterday!! LOL! Could be the new Mommy Uniform!
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ooooh I am looking for leggings or skinny pants to wear with tunics. Thanks...will have to check this out! I wish they came in some fun colors too! How is the rise??? High enough for muffin top?

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OK I picked up a black and grey pair. So comfy and cute!! I usually wear a 2 but got a 4 in these and I'm pleased with the fit. I have a question though...can wear these with tees that are slightly longer but don't totally cover the butt? In other words do these count as skinny pants and therefore are more coverage than leggings?

I'm 5'6'' and the length was perfect for me if that helps anyone. Rise was slightly higher than a low rise so it worked for me. A wide waistband or higher rise might have been better but this really is fine. Thanks OP!
    Last edited by twowhat?; 09-30-2012 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    OK I picked up a black and grey pair. So comfy and cute!! I usually wear a 2 but got a 4 in these and I'm pleased with the fit. I have a question though...can wear these with tees that are slightly longer but don't totally cover the butt? In other words do these count as skinny pants and therefore are more coverage than leggings?

I'm 5'6'' and the length was perfect for me if that helps anyone. Rise was slightly higher than a low rise so it worked for me. A wide waistband or higher rise might have been better but this really is fine. Thanks OP!
    Glad you like them! I think that since they are styled like pants/jeans and have back pockets, you can wear them more like skinny pants than leggings. I plan to wear longer tops, but not as long as I would feel like I need for true leggings.

I do agree that little wider waistband would be nice, but I haven't found anything better than these that work as skinny pants and not leggings so for the price I'm keeping mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    Just had to say I also wore this top (green stripe) with skinny jeans and my Frye's yesterday!! LOL! Could be the new Mommy Uniform!

That is too funny! I can't wait for it to be a bit cooler here so I can finally wear something other than shorts and short sleeves!

If I see anyone else that outfit I'll have to give them the secret BBB hand signal

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast