Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default when did you get rid of your SBS double (BJCMD, etc)?

I am thinking of selling my BJCMD in a few months. Is this crazy? DS will be 3 in January, and DD is 19 mos (will be 2 in March). I just switched out the BJCMD in our van to the Vista (with PiggyBack Board) and I am just liking the Vista so much more. The push is sooo better and i don't feel like i have to struggle to go through doors. Also, i detest the BJCMD basket with a passion..it's so hard to put things in there and take stuff out, doesn't fit it many big things..i've found it pretty much useless.

I do have a BOB Duallie that lives in our entryway that I use oneighborhood walks/jogs and I occasionally put in the car for big trips like trips to the zoo. And i have a Uppababy G-lite as well that lives in our van for quick trips. All summer I mostly used the Uppababy G-lite for DD and had DS walk..only for things like mall trips or trips to big park sthat involved lots of walking did I use the BJCMD. But now that DS has gotten a little older and can reliably walk next to us and not wander off, and weather has gotten cooler i switched it out with the Vista (bigger basket makes it better for carrying sweaters, coats, etc). So far it is working pretty well..this week I took DS & DD to the pumpkin patch by myself and they totally did fine with just the Vista + board ..in fact its main use was to carry diaper bag, picnic lunch, loveys and stuff...DS and DD were prettty much only on it when i walked through the parking lot..other than that they were walking around.

Anyway, thoughts? How old was your older DC before getting rid of BJCMD or similar SBS double? BJCMD was super useful when the kiddos were younger as they were very close in age and DS couldnt' be trusted to walk on his own and would get tired..it was the only way i could get out of the house with them! But now that DD is walking, and more importantly DS can walk on his own without wreaking havoc or running off, I am wondering if I should sell it...I already feel embarrased as to owning so many strollers ( 5 ). We do air travel a couple times a year but I would never take BJCMD anyway (too bulky)..would just take our G-lite and our Mac Volo.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 10-18-2012 at 08:54 PM.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I think I sold the BJCMD just before DS2 turned 3. We still traveled with it since we needed a double and a single, but it got too heavy to push with 2 DC in it. We're holding onto the BJCED - wish I had it with me today, in fact. The board on a single just doesn't always work when the DC are tired, sick, or grumpy, and that's when I'm SO thankful I've held onto a stroller.

ZeeBaby is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We sold it when DD1 stopped riding at all. She was almost 4. We used a volo for DD2.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Not even 3 years old? I would keep it for sure.
    I take my double to the mall with me. DD is 4, and she doesn't need a stroller, but I really like to have the option to keep her contained. And when she gets tired she gets irked that her little bro gets to sit while she does not.

It's also good for zoo trips, museums and amusement parks. Two small strollers is great unless you are on your own. I do the zoo by myself when DH is occupied with house projects.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post

It's also good for zoo trips, museums and amusement parks. Two small strollers is great unless you are on your own. I do the zoo by myself when DH is occupied with house projects.
    i agree...but the thing is i also have a BOB Duallie for that sort of thing. Actually i'm taking the kiddos to the zoo by myself tomorrow while DH does house projects at home... so i just had DH load the BOB in the van. I figure the BOB would be so much better ..much easier push for me and bigger basket for carrying stuff, and more room for the kids. Am wondering now what I can use BJCMD for.

I'm wondering the same. DD2 is almost 4 and ds is 7 months. I never know how long dd2 will last and she likes an actual seat instead of the board. When she walks I use her seat to put all our stuff in instead of the basket
    -Tess

DD1 4/07

DD2 1/09

DS1 2/12

Running in with a 2009 BOB Duallie Revolution in Navy

Running faster with a 2011 BOB Single Revolution in Plum

Sporting my 2010 Bugaboo Bee+ in Sage, definitely my guilty pleasure

Shopping with a 2010 Black BJCMD

Cruising in an 07 Acura MDX with a Britax Boulvard, Radian, and Graco Snugride all in a row!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Since you have the BOB dualie, I'd totally just get rid of the BJCMD!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Sure, if you have a Bob Dualie, AND someone to haul it in & out of your trunk for you, that is enough.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    Sure, if you have a Bob Dualie, AND someone to haul it in & out of your trunk for you, that is enough.
    Good point. I think i've taken the Duallie on a car trip maybe 3 times EVER. Twice was a year ago, to go the pumpkin patch by myself last year, and going to the zoo by myself and one other time a month ago when DH and I went to a jogging trail at a park we had to drive to. It is a pain and if DH is there i always have him do it, LOL. VIsta is a little bit of a pain too, but i like how you can take it apart.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast