Default Help me buy a foofy coffee maker

Shockingly, SO has actually given me an idea of something he would like to have. There was a commercial for a coffee maker of some sort... Not really sure what it was called now. It was something that warmed the milk very quickly for on top of his foofy coffee.

So, I have no idea what I'm looking for.... or what makes a good "foofy" coffee maker.

Can anyone give me a "Foofy Coffee Maker 101"?

It seemed like it was a "Nescafe" kind of name, but can't find it on the Nescafe site... and I don't know if there was something better out there

ETA: SO buys machiattos at Starbucks... can any basic espresso machine make these?
    Last edited by lalasmama; 11-05-2012 at 11:59 PM.
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have a cheap Mr Coffee coffemaker we got from Target. Having cleaned many foofy coffeemakers (a decade+ of food service experience), my favorite tool for frothy milk is the $1.99 milk frother from IKEA.

Was it for a Nespresso machine? It makes espresso based drinks.

I've got a basic model - the Essenza but some of the more "foofy" (lol) models will heat and froth your milk as well within the same machine.

They typically havent done much tv advertising but I've seen a while crop recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zukini View Post
    Was it for a Nespresso machine? It makes espresso based drinks.

I've got a basic model - the Essenza but some of the more "foofy" (lol) models will heat and froth your milk as well within the same machine.

They typically havent done much tv advertising but I've seen a while crop recently.
    That's the name! Thanks so much! SO saw the commercial while we were watching something, and said, "Oh, I would love to have something like that!"... Since I suck at presents, and since he seemed excited about the commercial, I'm thinking about going for it
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I have an ancient Krups version of
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=16985252

I do have to pre-warm the milk (I microwave it) but it is otherwise a jem. I got it at a garage sale for $6 or so and have used it daily for YEARS.

I make lattes, using Torrani sugar-free vanilla syrup from Amazon ship and save and dark roast coffee.

I really like my Nespresso and would reccomend it for anyone who drinks at least one or two espresso based drinks a day. I actually did a spreadsheet on the break-even time and costs to convince my DH it was worth the $ up front.

The caps (called crus) need to be ordered (from their website, or via phone, or picked up from one of their specialty shops) in sleeves of 10 and average out to about 65cents a shot. Not the least expensive but so much better than a daily habit at Starbucks...

If you can, go to a local Williams Sonoma store and the staff should have a slew of the new models on hand to demonstrate and give you a sample. I've also seen it at Sur La Table and some Macy's like in NYC. They also have store / cafes like on Lincoln Road on South Beach where you can go in and truly sample, and also stock up on crus.

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have seen them at crate and barrel

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Tara

DS - B 2/10