Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Which day do you start on for advent calendar?

I got DS the Star Wars advent calendar. Do you start on day 1 for 1st Octobe r then work up to 24. Or start at 24 and work down a day to 1 as in 1 day left before Christmas.

I need help. Thanks.

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

On December 1st, we open door #1.

Quote Originally Posted by urquie View Post
    On December 1st, we open door #1.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Thanks. I just had this moment of am I counting up to 24 or down to 1. I think the Lego advent calendars have special mini-figure for the day before Christmas and didn't want to mess it up.

we always do 1 to 24-- it never occurred to me to do any other way! growing up we had a felt tree that we put ornaments on each day-- day 24 was santa! (so the BEST/biggest thing) that's usually how the playmobil ones work too-- 24 has a bigger figure/item

have fun with your lego calendar!

Quote Originally Posted by Seitvonzu View Post
    we always do 1 to 24-- it never occurred to me to do any other way! growing up we had a felt tree that we put ornaments on each day-- day 24 was santa! (so the BEST/biggest thing) that's usually how the playmobil ones work too-- 24 has a bigger figure/item

have fun with your lego calendar!
    I almost did it backwards this year, last year someone posted they did and I thought that's kind of cool that they get to enjoy the best thing all month. DD has a playmobil Santa's Post Office and the last day is a pretty tree and I was thinking it would be cool to get the tree first so it can be up all month.
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

We did it backwards this morning because every other calendar we've had counts down to Christmas. The kids were great about it though and just stuck it back in once it was obvious.
    C
    DS1 (04)
    DS2 (07)