Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreTheFocus View Post
    I bought it based on recs here and it was a total bust for us.

However, I later bought

http://www.amazon.com/The-Wet-Rubber.../dp/B000L596FE

based on other recs and it is awesome! It has made a big difference in brushing DC's curly hair. Definitely worth it!
    I have this one. it's great.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

we LOVE our wet brush!!! its the only thing DD will use anymore and she can even use it herself!!! highly recommend!!

Sent from my SGH-T989
    DD#1 11/23/05
    DD#2 12/9/10
    DD#3 9/4/13

Yup! The wet brush really works! I use it on my own hair.

I got the knot genie for my daughter for Christmas (she's 3) and she thinks it is magic. She's let me brush her hair every day since and even put it in pigtails. I am pleasantly surprised that it actually works!

I have the knot genie, tangle teaser, and the wet brush (we've got a hair situation here!) DDs hate the wet brush. They have thick curly hair, and there have been times when bristles have come out in their hair. It pulls more than the TT and KG. My hair is even thicker, and I use the wet brush only when actually in the shower with lots of conditioner. The KG or TT would fly out if my hand in there, I need a handle.

I think a lot depends on the type of hair. I wouldn't have thought to use KG or TT on fine hair.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS2 has super kinky curly mixed kid hair. I LOVE the Tangle Teezer for him. I have a Wet Brush for myself, but have never tried it on him. I think it would get stuck in his hair.

Tangle Teezer
    http://www.amazon.com/Tangle-Teezer-.../dp/B001S261Q6
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

We have all 3 here as well. DD has fine hair that gets matted into complete nests when she sleeps. Although I like the handle on the wet brush, the knot genie and tangle teaser seem to work better for DD. But I do use all 3. A PP mentioned getting the same results with a regular brush and detangler, but that's one of the main things I like about this...no detangler! No added wet stuff, nothing else to tote around when we go somewhere, etc.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have two KG and one TT. You can probably find my comparison of them somewhere if you search. I prefer the TT but both are a vast improvement on anything I have tried. I guess I need to get a wet brush at some point, but honestly the TT is like a miracle for us. My girls have extremely curly hair. It starts to make dreads after a couple days. We have saved money on product for sure. I'm not convinced that it doesn't do *some* damage but it's vastly preferable to having to cut their hair short because I can't maintain it....I don't exaggerate that I probably would have had to cut it by now.

ETA: My SIL also loves the TT for her very long, fine, straight hair so I do think it can work on all types but YMMV.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Which is the best for very thick, long, hair? I'm talking about my hair. It's way too long and gets really knotted. I have a KG and I feel like it just pulls at my hair. It works but it's not comfortable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2