Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Merry Madagascar, if you want holiday.
    We watch this all year. Elmo's Christmas countdown is a great for younger kids too.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

U do not want the grinch with a sensitive kid, he's mean to his dog.

Primary pick would be a veggietales movie. Like the pirates who don't do anything. The toy who saved xmas. Esther. U don't have to b religious to glean beautiful value from that series. I'm jewish, and I think the values far outweigh any biblical stuff that wouldn't apply to me. If ur very observant christian, more the better. Give these a look, not a bad pick in the bunch.

Madagascar, the first one is great.
    Cars
    Many winnie the poohs
    Classical baby series. Oh how he loved this (its young but that's ok)
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

My kid is somewhat sensitive too, but she loves the Grinch, not bothered by it. I think Muppet Christmas Carol might be upsetting. DD has loved Happy Feet when she's seen parts of it but we've never tried to watch the whole thing, so I don't know if it would be sad or upsetting. Not very festive though. My assumption about feature films has been that she would watch them in bits and pieces. She doesn't watch a lot of TV either and loses interest after a while.
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

first and so far only movie my son has watched is ponyo. its on our ipad and he watches it when i need a break, maybe once a week or once every two weeks.

i got him lilo and stitch too but when i watched it i didnt realize how violent it is! def not for a 3 yo! (what was i thinking? id watched it long ago before i even thought about having kids...) so he hasnt watched that yet. it will be many years before i show him that one.

many of the other miyazaki films are too adult and too violent but ponyo is definitely for little ones.
    glib-gabbety puke stockings.
    ds 11/09
    dd 10/13

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    The Tigger Movie. Winnie The Pooh in general is very gentle.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid1971 View Post
    or A Very Monkey Christmas? It's a PBS Curious George movie, nothing scary at all and not too long.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We don't do a lot of TV either. Last year when DS was 3 we watched Charlie Brown, Rudolph and Frosty and those were the first movies he ever saw. This year the Thomas Christmas DVD was a big hit.
    DS age 9

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2