Default Where do you buy rawhide bones?

I have a LARGE puppy and he's going through rawhides like crazy. What's the cheapest place to get them? I would prefer to order them but if there is a store that is generally cheaper I'll do that too. I was at Sam's Club yesterday and I didn't think about looking there but if anyone has any experience let me know!

Thanks so much!
    Sara
    -Sara

DD 4/06
    DS 3/09

Jefferspet.com

Quote Originally Posted by justbreathe11 View Post
    Jefferspet.com
    What ones do you buy? The ones I was looking at aren't available. Thanks!
    -Sara

DD 4/06
    DS 3/09

Have you considered using deer or elk antlers instead? They tend to last longer and you don't have to worry about large pieces breaking off (like with rawhide). They are great for large breeds and heavy chewers. We buy ours from carolinapetpantry.com. You can select free shipping or pay $4.95 (I think) for shipping and the shipping money goes to rescue.

Actually rawhides aren't that great for dogs anyway as they do not dissolve once eaten and can cause lots of intestinal damage. Try Marrow bones instead. Attaching photos of a new one, and one my 100 pound boxer has had for the last two years. My dog trainer told me about these and they are wonderful!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357928340.025097.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357928363.432409.jpg

Ann

Eta : As an added benefit, my vet raves on how great his teeth look to be 3 yrs old.
    Last edited by Pennylane; 01-11-2013 at 02:22 PM.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Rawhide isn't good for dogs. I would recommend the Goughnut stick.

Thanks for all of the suggestions... I didn't realize they were bad for him! I will check out the marrow bones, ghounut stick and the antlers as other alternatives. I just need something that is going to occupy this very busy animal!
    Last edited by iowavb; 01-11-2013 at 03:56 PM.
    -Sara

DD 4/06
    DS 3/09

I totally understand what you are saying. Jeffers has been out for a while, not sure why? Those that have suggested alternatives, can you say where you buy them please?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennylane View Post
    Actually rawhides aren't that great for dogs anyway as they do not dissolve once eaten and can cause lots of intestinal damage. Try Marrow bones instead. Attaching photos of a new one, and one my 100 pound boxer has had for the last two years. My dog trainer told me about these and they are wonderful!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357928340.025097.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1357928363.432409.jpg

Ann

Eta : As an added benefit, my vet raves on how great his teeth look to be 3 yrs old.
    Do you get them without the marrow in them?

Quote Originally Posted by justbreathe11 View Post
    Do you get them without the marrow in them?
    No, I get them empty.

Ann