janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Best Online Flower delivery company?

My grandfather recently passed away and I can't make the funeral . I feel awful about it but it's too far and with the kids I can't do it and my mother and sister will go. The family is accepting flowers so I want to send a wonderful arrangement and was thinking of FTD but seeing all kinds of awful reviews.

Can anyone recommend one over the other? I really don't want to deal with delivery issues and all that.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am sorry for your loss.

I have had nothing but good luck with http://ww31.1800flowers.com/ I recently sent a funeral arrangement and it couldn't have been easier plus, I heard, that they were gorgeous. You can usually get coupons online too.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I like Telaflora because at least when I ordered from them they let you chose the florist. I would check on yelp for reviews of the local area florists and see who they are affiliated with.

I have gotten flowers from proflowers.com and they have been pretty, but they are delivered in a box.

Sorry for your loss
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I guess I am not sure what you mean by dealing with delivery?

What I have usually done is call a local florist with a decent yelp or google rating in the deceased's hometown, place an order by phone with my credit card, and they are usually very familar with the local funeral places and know what to do. HTH.
    ds 2007
    dd 2010
    baby dd 2014

mytwosons is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Call the funeral home and ask for a recommendation. Each time I've done this the flowers have been beautiful.

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree with the pps about calling the funeral home for suggestions or using a local florist. I am sorry about your loss.
    DS - 11/08
    DS2- 2/13

By delivery I mean issues with the delivery - I briefly glanced at FTD.com's reviews for example and quite a few complaints that delivery showed up late, bad customer service,etc. That's the piece I'd rather avoid although sometimes it's just bad luck.

Thanks all.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mytwosons View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

Call the funeral home and ask for a recommendation. Each time I've done this the flowers have been beautiful.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have had much better success by calling local florists and giving them the credit card info over the phone. Poor DH was screwed by 1-800-flowers, FTD, and Teleflora when trying to send me flowers from Iraq and Afghanistan.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Thanks everyone, going to call the funeral home for recommendations. I hadn't thought of that...

Sorry to the PP who had issues with the online providers - exactly what I'm worried about! Plus the idea of them showing up in a box..just not sure that would work out well.