Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    mctlaw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Sleep support thread?

Seems there are several of us with babes in the same age group who are crappy sleepers! Anyone want to join in on a support/techniques type thread? I just posted what I am working on, on Shannon's thread. It seems to be working but I'm only on day 5. I've tried several different things.
    MC

Fair Queen-Ruler of the House of Boys
    Mom to DS 3/06
    DS 2 6/12
    and a 12 year old (boy) min pin

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'm in. DS is 8 months old and between traveling and the flu has not slept in his crib in over 2 weeks. He is an awful sleeper and often wakes up for a couple hours in the middle of the night. We've got to do something drastic.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Count me in too. Though DS2 at nearly 11 months is getting better. In the last month he has been regularly sleeping through the night until at least 4:30 (I consider that good now). He had been much worse for a long time. Our big problem now is that he totally refuses to nap at home. He does do it at daycare, but unless he is in the car or sleeping in our bed with one of us napping too, he never does daytime sleep at home. DS1 was never like this since he was about 4-5 months old he slept through the night and had a totally regular nap schedule. To this day, I can count on my fingers how many times he has woken up in the middle of the night. He's so easy. DS2 is so different.
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

I'm in. Dd2 is 9 mo and was sleeping through the night or waking up 1 time to nurse until November. At the end of October she got a bad cold and has been sick on and off since then. She was waking up a lot at night from coughing and the night wakings seem to have become habit. Now she's progressed to waking 3-4 times and I'm starting a new job on Monday. I'm kind of scared to try anything new right now (we're co-sleeping with her in a pack n play next to my bed). But I'd like to know what others are trying for when I am ready to move her to her room/crib.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by urbanmommy; 01-06-2013 at 04:17 PM.

DD2 is a little younger (just turned 4 months), but the infamous 4 month sleep regression has arrived and it looks like she's also about to outgrow the miracle blanket . I go back to work on Tuesday so the timing is awful for sleep issues to be starting. She's currently sleeping in a rock n play next to our bed but that probably won't last much longer so I'm dreading all the transitions we will need to make in the upcoming weeks/months, it will be nice to get some ideas from others and know we aren't alone in the sleep deprivation!

sntm is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We had a better night last night. Sad when a better night means running up to nurse back to sleep every hour until I went to bed and then every 2-3 hrs after!!! But, he was in bed by 6:30 and stayed in bed until 6:30, so I'm okay with that!

For us, think it is a combo of teething, learning to crawl, trying to learn to walk, 3 to 2 nap transition, a number of late work nights causing later bedtimes, and who knows?
    shannon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another Queen of the House of Boys:
    DS#1 2003
    DS#2 my mother's day gift 2012
    DH
    Mikey, the cat and rhinestone-collared, pink-leashed Schatze, our Rottweiler girl

I'm in. DD is 9 months and hasn't slept more than a two hour stretch except once since she turned 4 months. Most nights she's up every 45 minutes. She'll sleep happily on lap or shoulder if I'm sitting up, but as soon as I try to lie down with her in my bed or put her down in her own bed, she's up. It's AWFUL!!!

queenmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD is 8mo and not too bad... Well, she does still nurse every 3 or 4 hours (usually ends up being twice during the night), so that's kind of annoying. But she sleeps with me so I'm not really at a place where I can stop it. She knows it's available and it's so very handy! She never fully wakes, so I guess that's good.

Last night, though... Omg. She woke up every hour! Not completely wide awake, but full-on crying, and nothing would soothe her except nursing... I tried rocking her, singing... I wonder if her throat wasn't hurting since she got up this morning and was sort of scratching at it with her hand. She was fine today, no fussiness at all, so IDK...

Lara
    Mama to Henry (6/2000) and Agnes (4/2012)
    old school member of the BBB

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

So I really don't know what to do. We just don't have room in our bed to continue to co-sleep. We were putting him in his crib for the first stint and then I was putting him in the bed after. Well now the "first stint" has gotten shorter and shorter and now he is in the crib for like an hour. Then he is just taking up way too much space and he is a kicker. This is NOT working for us anymore.

mctlaw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Our last night kind of sucked too, after a couple relatively good nights, it was a bummer. On the plus side, while I sit with him as he goes to sleep, he is crying just here and there and either playing or dozing the rest of the time (but waking up and doing it again). This goes on for an hour and a half though! My DH resumes work travel next week and then I won't be able to invest this kind of time into bedtime. So I sure hope it gets better in the next few days.

123luckymom,any chance your LO has reflux, with the refusal to sleep flat?

Melanie-you need a break! Seriously, I don't know how you do it with the Mspi stuff you also have to deal with! I think cosleeping, needs to work for both parties-and no longer is for you. Are you considering any type of sleep training?
    MC

Fair Queen-Ruler of the House of Boys
    Mom to DS 3/06
    DS 2 6/12
    and a 12 year old (boy) min pin

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast