Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I never buy Lucky. We only have an outlet nearby, no actual Lucky stores where I currently live. I hate buying and returning so I just never ended up trying them.

I just clicked on a pr and they say Made in China. There was that recent discussion about whether someone's Lucky's were the regular made for the store ones vs. the Costco or outlet type of ones. The regular ones are made outside of China, I assume, based on that discussion?

Just wondering as the ones I clicked on say MIC. Obviously some people love the Costco and outlet ones....but I guess it is good to know what you are buying (ie what the "real" retail price is).

eta: I just poked around on the Lucky site and the Sweet N Lows I clicked on there say "Imported" so maybe the MIC thing doesn't tell you much? There are some good sales on teh actual Lucky website; I wish I knew my size. I wear a 26 in paige hidden hills and 26 in sevens, 2 in gap. I always read conflicting things about sizing up or down with Lucky which is why I never order.
    Last edited by brittone2; 01-14-2013 at 08:20 AM.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I posted a question recently about Lucky jeans from TJMaxx that were made in China. The Costco ones are made there too. My other pairs are all made in Mexico. I'm pretty sure they don't make any in the US anymore.

ETA I have a few different styles, the fit definitely varies quite a bit, and some cuts I can't wear at all no matter what the size. I just went to an outlet and tried on a bunch so I know what cuts and sizes fit for future online purchases. Now I have a few pairs I'm very happy with.
    Last edited by Momit; 01-14-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    DS age 9

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think Lucky's rum big
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Lucky Brand jeans used to be made in the USA in the late 90s/early 2000s, then in the early 2000s they started adding Mexico. Now I have had pairs since 2010 that were made in China, and made in Vietnam that were bought at Loehmann's, and the Outlet. I have noticed the same made in locations at Macy's, Nordstrom, and online. On their webpage they say that country of origin is imported.

Lucky Brand has never fit me consistently. Except for the peanut, matchstick, and stove pipe jeans I try everything else on. Every pair and wash fits differently IMHO.

eta:I bought three pairs of the Lucky jeans the last time they had the gold box deal and I bought them in the same sizes I had bought recently from the outlet and all three went back. For me it is just easier to buy in person.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-14-2013 at 10:46 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Thanks for posting, OP. I have been wanting to get another pair of Lucky Sweet and Lows. I had almost $5 in amazon points, so I applied them to the order and got these
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

for $44 and change. I like that there is free shipping and returns, but I hope that the size will work since that is what I have already in this cut.

Happy shopping!
    Mom to DS1 (3/06) and DS2 (9/08)

krobbin is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I think I'm going to hop on this deal too.

I have 2 pairs of Sweet n Low's that were made in America and are 100% cotton. I love them and wear them often, they do stretch out, but they fit me better then most other jeans. They do run big, I ended up needing to size down (hence the reason I have two pairs). The only other jeans that I've found that fit me okay are the GAP 1969 original boyfriend flare jeans, I don't think they make them any more (now they are all "sexy boyfriend").

I am interested in seeing what these ones will be like because they have stretch to them, which I believe offer a bitter fit for me.

I didn't see anywhere where these jeans qualify for free returns though... just an FYI. I'm not too worried, they are usually pretty good about returns.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ooh, thanks! I needed a second pair of Sweet N Lows. I need the 30L so the Daytons are my best option - they say 100% cotton, whereas the ones I wear, Ol Rooftop Wash, bought directly from Lucky, are 98% cotton. So I'm sizing up one at the waist to compensate for the lack of stretch. FYI, the jeans I bought at Lucky itself are MIC as well. Even with the 30% off F&F sale, I paid $55, so under $40 is a deal!

ETA These are the ones I bought: http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Brand-Wo...189588&sr=1-16

Kind of strange - Macy's lists these as $104 jeans that are 98% cotton, 6pm lists these as 76% cotton jeans and amazon.com lists them as 100% cotton!
    Last edited by citymama; 01-14-2013 at 02:55 PM.

for Sandy Hook

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

This might be a good time to buy since the amazon deal has free returns. I'm about the same size as you (2 in gap) and wear 25 waist in the sweet n lows. My previous pair, bought online at luckybrand.com, is also made in china. Those are 25/0 but I bought the 26 today. both in short length/30 inseam.

Quote Originally Posted by brittone2 View Post
    I never buy Lucky. We only have an outlet nearby, no actual Lucky stores where I currently live. I hate buying and returning so I just never ended up trying them.

I just clicked on a pr and they say Made in China. There was that recent discussion about whether someone's Lucky's were the regular made for the store ones vs. the Costco or outlet type of ones. The regular ones are made outside of China, I assume, based on that discussion?

Just wondering as the ones I clicked on say MIC. Obviously some people love the Costco and outlet ones....but I guess it is good to know what you are buying (ie what the "real" retail price is).

eta: I just poked around on the Lucky site and the Sweet N Lows I clicked on there say "Imported" so maybe the MIC thing doesn't tell you much? There are some good sales on teh actual Lucky website; I wish I knew my size. I wear a 26 in paige hidden hills and 26 in sevens, 2 in gap. I always read conflicting things about sizing up or down with Lucky which is why I never order.
    Last edited by citymama; 01-14-2013 at 08:04 PM.

for Sandy Hook

krobbin is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Ooh, thanks! I needed a second pair of Sweet N Lows. I need the 30L so the Daytons are my best option - they say 100% cotton, whereas the ones I wear, Ol Rooftop Wash, bought directly from Lucky, are 98% cotton. So I'm sizing up one at the waist to compensate for the lack of stretch. FYI, the jeans I bought at Lucky itself are MIC as well. Even with the 30% off F&F sale, I paid $55, so under $40 is a deal!

ETA These are the ones I bought: http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Brand-Wo...189588&sr=1-16

Kind of strange - Macy's lists these as $104 jeans that are 98% cotton, 6pm lists these as 76% cotton jeans and amazon.com lists them as 100% cotton!
    I think one of the reviewers for those jeans said that the 100% description was wrong and that they did have stretch to them...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast