Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Ooh, thanks! I needed a second pair of Sweet N Lows. I need the 30L so the Daytons are my best option - they say 100% cotton, whereas the ones I wear, Ol Rooftop Wash, bought directly from Lucky, are 98% cotton. So I'm sizing up one at the waist to compensate for the lack of stretch. FYI, the jeans I bought at Lucky itself are MIC as well. Even with the 30% off F&F sale, I paid $55, so under $40 is a deal!

ETA These are the ones I bought: http://www.amazon.com/Lucky-Brand-Wo...189588&sr=1-16

Kind of strange - Macy's lists these as $104 jeans that are 98% cotton, 6pm lists these as 76% cotton jeans and amazon.com lists them as 100% cotton!
    Quote Originally Posted by krobbin View Post
    I think one of the reviewers for those jeans said that the 100% description was wrong and that they did have stretch to them...
    My Lucky jeans arrived today from amazon and the mystery of the fabric/manufacture location is solved. How could amazon get both so completely wrong? At least the size was right.

I opened the box and bag the jeans were in. They smelled chemically. The fabric was waaaay off without even looking at the tag - much thinner and more uniform coloring than my other pair bought from the Lucky website. I looked at the tag - the jeans were supposed to be 100% cotton acc. to amazon - they were 76% cotton. GAH. My SnL jeans bought from Lucky's website are 98% cotton.

The tag said Made in USA. The amazon website said Made in China. OK, well, I guess that's one improvement. (The Lucky Brand pricetag also said $109, which is what the Macy's website listed them for.)

I almost didn't try them on bc of the fabric and smell. And I was (and am) super annoyed about amazon's misinformation. But then I tried them on and they fit perfectly - especially my rear end! I'm sure they will stretch out and I'll hate them but I'm finding it hard to return a pair of jeans that makes my butt look good!

Anyone had a pair of Lucky jeans with 76% cotton content - and how did they hold up? How did everyone else's jeans work out?
    Last edited by citymama; 01-17-2013 at 03:19 AM.

for Sandy Hook

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That is so weird. But, if the remainder is poly and 1% spandex/ lycra, then that's a good combo IMO. The poly makes them softer/ thinner, which I like. Only the spandex content matters as far as stretch goes.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    That is so weird. But, if the remainder is poly and 1% spandex/ lycra, then that's a good combo IMO. The poly makes them softer/ thinner, which I like. Only the spandex content matters as far as stretch goes.
    Yes, I think 76 cotton, the rest mostly poly with 1% spandex.

for Sandy Hook

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yes, I think 76 cotton, the rest mostly poly with 1% spandex.
    That's pretty much what my Paige HH jeans are, and I love them. They really keep their shape. In fact, I would love all my jeans to have only 1% spandex
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

I didn't get mine yet. They are supposed to be 99% cotton, 1% spandex. Guess we will see. I would have thought they would have arrived by now, as I got a shipping notice the same day I ordered, I think.

I would say to keep you jeans if they look good. They were a great deal. You could always wear them around the house for a few hours and see if they stretch out too badly.

I bought my current pair of Sweet n Low's on eBay, and they definitely felt different from the jeans I had tried on in the store. I wondered whether they might have been the cheaper versions that are sold at Costco, etc. But in the end, they looked nice on and I had gotten a great price, so what the heck. They do stretch out a bit by the end of the day, but it doesn't bother me that much.
    Mom to DS1 (3/06) and DS2 (9/08)

krobbin is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My Lucky jeans arrived today from amazon and the mystery of the fabric/manufacture location is solved. How could amazon get both so completely wrong? At least the size was right.

I opened the box and bag the jeans were in. They smelled chemically. The fabric was waaaay off without even looking at the tag - much thinner and more uniform coloring than my other pair bought from the Lucky website. I looked at the tag - the jeans were supposed to be 100% cotton acc. to amazon - they were 76% cotton. GAH. My SnL jeans bought from Lucky's website are 98% cotton.

The tag said Made in USA. The amazon website said Made in China. OK, well, I guess that's one improvement. (The Lucky Brand pricetag also said $109, which is what the Macy's website listed them for.)

I almost didn't try them on bc of the fabric and smell. And I was (and am) super annoyed about amazon's misinformation. But then I tried them on and they fit perfectly - especially my rear end! I'm sure they will stretch out and I'll hate them but I'm finding it hard to return a pair of jeans that makes my butt look good!

Anyone had a pair of Lucky jeans with 76% cotton content - and how did they hold up? How did everyone else's jeans work out?
    I got the same jeans as you, I boxed them up for a return. I just didn't like the material (it's not soft), they didn't seem like jeans to me at all. I love my 2% stretch jeans (not Lucky Brand), they fit my waist/butt perfectly.

These jeans remind me of polyester work pants... However, they did look good and fit my body well, I just couldn't get past the feel. Oh yea, and they did smell bad!!!

I really wanted to like them for the price

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive but wonder where you all have seen lucky jeans in store? I'd like to try on a variety of sizes and styles without a zillion trips to the post office for returns. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    I'm still waiting for mine to arrive but wonder where you all have seen lucky jeans in store? I'd like to try on a variety of sizes and styles without a zillion trips to the post office for returns. Thanks!
    I've tried them on at the Lucky Brand store.

for Sandy Hook

Got mine:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00

They seemed as advertised. 99% cotton, 1% Spandex. Wash, pockets, etc., appear just like the picture. Fit is pretty good. The length works but feels somewhat short for a 32" inseam. I think they might be too short with heels, but I don't wear heels often. I hope they don't shrink too much in the wash. The fabric is a little stiff but not a dealbreaker for me. Pretty sure I will keep them. I kind of wish I would have tried another style also (skinny or straight) at these prices.
    Mom to DS1 (3/06) and DS2 (9/08)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by krobbin View Post
    I got the same jeans as you, I boxed them up for a return. I just didn't like the material (it's not soft), they didn't seem like jeans to me at all. I love my 2% stretch jeans (not Lucky Brand), they fit my waist/butt perfectly.

These jeans remind me of polyester work pants... However, they did look good and fit my body well, I just couldn't get past the feel. Oh yea, and they did smell bad!!!

I really wanted to like them for the price
    A huge yeah that. The sizing also seemed to run really big.

What is it with stinky jeans? I just got a pair of jag jeans with the same funky chemical smell.
    Last edited by mikala; 01-17-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast