fedoragirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Should I sell my BJCM?

I have a 2009 BJCM, MB Swift, a Valco Trimode double, and a Cybex Callisto at parents' place. We travel there once a year but stay for a good amount. I thought DD (3) wouldn't need a stroller but didn't think of the zoo trips. So, I have one stroller at the parents' house and we are visiting there for about 2 months. I don't want to buy another double.
    I was thinking of taking our BJCM from our place and selling it at parents' place. I really love the BJCM for quick errands and the easy folding. We don't use it much at home because we live in the country. If I sell it, I could buy something else as our travel/errands stroller. I have tall kids so I was considering the Valco Snap or Zee. But I am not sure if I want to sell the BJCM. What would it go for?
    Any ideas?
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

I would do it. Something new is always fun and the snap is smaller, lighter and getting great reviews.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

I so want to do it. I just don't know if it's worth lugging all the way to the U.S. and what if it doesn't sell? Then, I have to bring it back. I definitely need a lightweight stroller here for the car.
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

It should sell, BJ usually sell really well. I think I might list it for $150.
    AF wife and SAHM of three
    DS(2007.March) DD(2009.July) DS(2012.December)

Quote Originally Posted by fedoragirl View Post
    I so want to do it. I just don't know if it's worth lugging all the way to the U.S. and what if it doesn't sell? Then, I have to bring it back. I definitely need a lightweight stroller here for the car.
    I personally don't think it's worth doing unless you really need it in the US. I did this recently and the stroller got damaged when it was gate checked and the money I made selling wasn't worth the price of lugging it around.

DH is against bringing the BJCM because of the hassle of bringing it back and forth. He is advocating a >$50 stroller for DD while we are at the 'rents but I am having a hard time stomaching a First Years Jet or something like that.
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

There are some good deals on Albee right now. Britax Blink is back. Plus there's the Aprica Presto Flat. And then the Quinny Sennz, which sounds unappealing in the Baby Gizmo video, but looks pretty cool in person. Maybe you could find a sale on something good and then sell before you leave. If it was a $50 or less loss then it would be equal to your DH's plan, but with a better stroller.

Quote Originally Posted by Multimama View Post
    There are some good deals on Albee right now. Britax Blink is back. Plus there's the Aprica Presto Flat. And then the Quinny Sennz, which sounds unappealing in the Baby Gizmo video, but looks pretty cool in person. Maybe you could find a sale on something good and then sell before you leave. If it was a $50 or less loss then it would be equal to your DH's plan, but with a better stroller.
    It is? I really like my Blink!
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    It is? I really like my Blink!
    http://www.albeebaby.com/britax-blin...rn-flower.html